The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Console crashing bug has me trapped in The New War

(XBOX)RayvenRayge

(Possible minor spoilers if you haven't started The New War. I'm not very far in it.)

I've had this bug start occurring about a year or so ago, and have not been able to find any means to repair it.

In short, the game will randomly decide to crash my entire console. Every other game runs perfectly fine; it's only on Warframe that I experience this. I'll be playing the game, and suddenly I hear the sound stuttering, which has become indicative of "the game crashed" and then the whole console shuts down. I wind up having to do a hard start on the console and starting over from wherever the game happened to save last (typically prior to whatever mission I was on.) Now, since I bit the bullet to dive into TNW, I understand I can't back out of it (and I'm fine with that) however I am a bit annoyed that I've spent nearly every day since the update launched trying to get past the Stolen Plates mission. I've crashed a couple of times before this mission, but managed to get past those parts. Now I get as far as jumping off of my K-Drive, putting on the visor, seeing the vision of Lotus/Natah, and then it crashes, and I have to start all over again once I get my console running again.

Since I've narrowed the problem down to the game, I've tried some obvious potential fixes, such as uninstalling and reinstalling the game. That hasn't helped. I have not run in to this on any other platform, only on my Xbox. I'm at my wits end on what to do other than just wait until cross-save launches and just copy my data to my PC account. Since I've been playing on the Xbox more or less since Warframe became available on it, I don't want to do anything that might scrap my account data.

Edit: Adding a link to a video I put up online (unlisted since there's no need for people to stumble across it) showing exactly how the game crashes.

Archived