Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss Battles and Operator/Drifter Gameplay

Mrwitchdoctor

Boss Battles in warframe have for the most part been a hit or miss, there are definitely, I would say, satisfying battles, e.g. Exploiter Orb, but I think that an issue with a lot of bosses is also a strength of warframe gameplay, being movement. The Archon battles in the New War, to me, work significantly better in your Operator/Drifter form just because you have less maneuverability allowing for a more conventional, but fun, battle. I am hoping we will see more of these Operator/Drifter-only battles, that would otherwise be quickly ground down with warframes, and hope there are some more changes to the Operator/Drifter kit.

Warframe is first and for most a faster paced game, and that high maneuverability is certainly core to the identity which differentiates it from other games, which is also why I am curious as to how far they would take this gameplay, the New War, compared to a lot of things in Warframe, was mechanically a lot more conventional and slower paced, but overall fairly balanced between that slower-paced Operator/Drifter and Warframe gameplay. I would like to think a lot of people enjoyed the Drifter gameplay in the New War, exchanging the amp with a pistol and adding abilities to the Drifter.

I suppose I should ask what people think and feel about this? It certainly feels like there is development toward the operator/drifter becoming a second more conventional play-type.

Archived