The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Xaku's 4th ability (The Vast Untime) crashes PS5s inside the Deimos' Isolatio Vaults

(PSN)warlord57

I am unsure if this happens on other platforms. 3 friends and I (3 PS5, 1 PS4) were going to run some isolation vaults and I thought Xaku would be great for crowd control. We managed to get all the bait and create the throwable bait needed without issue. After making it into the next stage where you have to survive and kill infested I decided to use Xaku's 4th ability so I can do some crowd controlling. As soon as I activated the ability, there was a bunch of explosions and the game froze and ultimately crashed for me and the 2 other PS5 players at the same time. I relaunched the game and was able to join the session since it was still open due to the PS4 player not crashing. As soon as I got in and activated my 4th ability again it crashed the game again for all the PS5 players that were joining back in as well as me. I am not sure what the cause but it seems to be repeatable by taking Xaku into there and using the 4th ability. My Xaku is built for range and has Gloom subsumed on in but was not active at the time. 

My Xaku's Build:

Energy Siphon (Max)
Power Drift (Max)
Overextended (Max)
Primed Continuity (Max)
Umbral Vitality (8/10)
Umbral Intensify (Max)
Primed Flow (Max)
Blind Rage (Max)
Stretch (Max)
Streamline (Max)

Arcane Grace (Max)
Arcane Energize (Max)

• 3 months later...

This is still happening, Xaku's 4th ability can be used only while above ground, as soon as we enter the descent to the vault, casting the 4th ability will crash the game 100% of the times. Disabling GPU Particles makes no difference and the game crashes for everyone in the lobby.

Edit to add: After reinstalling the game no changes. I've tested it on all 3 ISO Vaults and this only occurs on T3. T1 has a big lag spike on the first time Xaku's 4th ability is casted but the game does not crash; subsequent casts have no effect on the games performance. T2 no lag at all, in neither first nor subsequent casts. T3 100% crashes still. My best 'guestimate' would be the number of cysts in the descent to the T3 vault being significantly higher than on T1 and T2 exploded generating too many clouds and overloading the PS5.

Just to clarify, when I refer to cysts, I mean the cosmetic ones that create a gas cloud when they explode, not the loot ones.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/JcZfwVE

Archived