Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Supra And Gorgon Slightly Better

RedxWings

The only thing that is needed to make the gorgon better is to give it perfect accuracy on the first, second, and/or third shot.

For the supra, reduce the full auto spread and decrease projectile flight time

Edited by Vector88

The only thing that is needed to make the gorgon better is to give it perfect accuracy on the first, second, and/or third shot.

For the supra, reduce the full auto spread and decrease projectile flight time

I'd like the Supra to get an accuracy buff, simply because I feel a lot of weapons are less accurate than they ought to be.  But I definitely do not want a flight speed increase.  The slow projectile speed is part of what makes the Supra fun and satisfying to use, as it makes it an exceedingly challenging weapon.  You get a ton of DPS out of it, if you're good enough to hit with it.  That ought to remain.

Why on earth are folks still banging on about pointless comparisons on the eve of update 11, it will change everything, even base dps on weapons will change.

Citation needed.  There's been no information thus far that Damage 2.0 will be a weapon balance patch as well as an armor-balance patch, which is what it was intended to be.  It was called Armor 2.0 at one point, after all.

The Soma and Supra both deal bullet damage.  So there's nothing pointless about the discussion at all.

I'd like the Supra to get an accuracy buff, simply because I feel a lot of weapons are less accurate than they ought to be.  But I definitely do not want a flight speed increase.  The slow projectile speed is part of what makes the Supra fun and satisfying to use, as it makes it an exceedingly challenging weapon.  You get a ton of DPS out of it, if you're good enough to hit with it.  That ought to remain.

Citation needed.  There's been no information thus far that Damage 2.0 will be a weapon balance patch as well as an armor-balance patch, which is what it was intended to be.  It was called Armor 2.0 at one point, after all.

The Soma and Supra both deal bullet damage.  So there's nothing pointless about the discussion at all.

Read the official post on the coming changes or go watch the Q&A, as for your citation stick it, I am not your damn secretary.

Read the official post on the coming changes or go watch the Q&A, as for your citation stick it, I am not your damn secretary.

I've read the official post.  There's nothing that says damage values are being tweaked in addition to the type changes.

You don't have to give citations.  But not doing so will result in no one taking your assertions seriously, because there's no supporting evidence.

The Supra, being a death laser gun, should be hitscan. I'm not quite sure if you could uniquely make it hitscan without impinging on the Flux Rifle, but it might be worth a try (a continuous beam gun that has a DPS of 'Lol What' and infinite range, but does bullet damage).

Also, the Gorgon is easy enough to unnerf. If you were around for the early days of the closed beta, you would have known that the Gorgon orginally:

1. Fired nearly 33% faster

2. Did 30.0 damage/shot instead of 24.0

3. Was perfectly accurate on the first shot

4. Magazine size: 100

We could (And totally should) return it to that.

It also had much better sound design (firing it felt powerful and responsive)

At this point, you're just attacking me instead of my argument.  Another case of ad hominem.  The only time you attempted to strike at my argument was your spoiler, which was comparing the damage of the soma and supra with the same mods.

Critical mods are going to suck with the Supra.  Duh.  It has poor crit chance.  But it has excellent base damage.

So, with the Soma, Vital Sense, Point Strike and Hammer shot brings your average damage up to 74.75.  Those three mods take up 27 drain.  This results in 1125 dps.

Let's take a more reasonable mod choice for the Supra.  Hmm, how about just Serration.  Maxed serration, at 14 drain, yields 165% base damage.  Without accounting for crit (because the Supra has pitiful crit anyway) 35 * 2.65 = 92.75 damage.  As for its dps, 92.75 * 12.5 = 1159.375.

And that's only with 14 drain.  Where the Soma had to use 27 drain and didn't even get the same amount of damage out of it.  The Soma will be getting the benefit of a stun, due to Hammer Shot, but uh... yeah.

I rest my case.

You're neglecting to mention that the Soma comes with 2 V polarities.

Also neglecting to mention the accuracy and nimbleness of the gun (spinup time, reload speed, etc) are much better, leading to more sustained DPS.

You're neglecting to mention that the Soma comes with 2 V polarities.

Also neglecting to mention the accuracy and nimbleness of the gun (spinup time, reload speed, etc) are much better, leading to more sustained DPS.

I haven't neglected to mention those so much as believe those do not compensate for its lack of raw DPS.  I'm not arguing that the Soma is underpowered, you know, because those make it worth it to use.  But it's not overpowered.

And by the way, unless the Codex is erroneous, the Soma has been nerfed; it now only has 25% crit chance instead of 35%.  I'm disappointed DE doesn't keep track of balance changes in a changelog, but at least changes are being done.  I suppose it might be a good thing, since people would get upset if their favorite gun was nerfed (as silly as that is).

The Supra now primarily deals Puncture, while the Soma deals slightly more Slash than Puncture, making it subpar against armor.  The Gorgon now deals Impact, and now has 10% crit chance, from 2.5%.  Meanwhile, instead of 5% proc chance like the Soma and Gorgon have, the Supra only has 2.5 to compensate for its superior DPS.

I feel these weapons are balanced well, now.

Edited by NikolaiLev

I haven't neglected to mention those so much as believe those do not compensate for its lack of raw DPS.  I'm not arguing that the Soma is underpowered, you know, because those make it worth it to use.  But it's not overpowered.

And by the way, unless the Codex is erroneous, the Soma has been nerfed; it now only has 25% crit chance instead of 35%.  I'm disappointed DE doesn't keep track of balance changes in a changelog, but at least changes are being done.  I suppose it might be a good thing, since people would get upset if their favorite gun was nerfed (as silly as that is).

The Supra now primarily deals Puncture, while the Soma deals slightly more Slash than Puncture, making it subpar against armor.  The Gorgon now deals Impact, and now has 10% crit chance, from 2.5%.  Meanwhile, instead of 5% proc chance like the Soma and Gorgon have, the Supra only has 2.5 to compensate for its superior DPS.

I feel these weapons are balanced well, now.

Yep, I did mention this was a suggestion to mull over before damage 2.0. :P

Okay, people, let's stop feeding the troll here and just agree that we need pre-nerf Gorgon back.

The Gorgon just got buffed this patch.  I don't see what's wrong with it, and no one has made a compelling argument for why it needs a buff.

It's not me you need to convince.  It's the developers.  If you think they overlooked something, they need to know specifically what it is, else it just sounds like "I want my favorite weapon to be overpowered again!"

The Gorgon just got buffed this patch.  I don't see what's wrong with it, and no one has made a compelling argument for why it needs a buff.

It's not me you need to convince.  It's the developers.  If you think they overlooked something, they need to know specifically what it is, else it just sounds like "I want my favorite weapon to be overpowered again!"

That may be because you never used it pre-nerf. Sure it's still pretty neat, but not quite holding up.

That may be because you never used it pre-nerf. Sure it's still pretty neat, but not quite holding up.

I could argue that the only reason you want it buffed is because you're used to the pre-nerf Gorgon, and are simply biased against what we have now.

It's a common problem, and it's why most people are bad at balance design; because it's difficult to detach oneself from their biases.

A lot of games suffer because it happens to the developers themselves, and they refuse to nerf something because they love it and wouldn't want to see it be weaker, even if it's healthier for the game as a whole.