Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Ignis And Vortex: Game Killers

superbot34

If you are a client and you want to use your ignis against a crowd of enemies, or you want to use vauban's vortex, think again, as shortly after using it everything on the screen will stop, move in place, and hang. If you continue to use your ignis or your vortex keep sucking up enemies, you will be disconnected to the host.

Often, the problem goes even deeper. personally, when this kind of game hang happens, my internet stops working until i restart my computer. it literally just stops working. i assume it is because their is too much data being sent between the game and your servers, that it just shuts down. If i am the host, this problem never happens. 

Vortex can also cause a very nasty bug where it will lower your frames per second to 5 or less, permanently, and no matter how long you wait, it will still be 5fps, often eventually causing your internet to break. 

I love my Ignis and i love vauban's vortex, but i am forced to shy away from these whenever i play survival because 90% of the time i use either of them in survival for more than a quick burst, i will have to restart my computer and lose everything. 

I haven't personally experienced either problem?

I've recently been leveling Ignis and have played quite a few survivals with a Vortex wielding Vauban.still no frozen enemies or game hanging and certainly no locking up of the connection.

The game is peer to peer so there is no "your servers" it is you and the host. The only updating to warframe servers during a game is for account information etc. The connection locking up definitely sounds like a problem your end. Whilst the amount of data sent back and forth by the game is not insignificant, it shouldn't cripple it. Perhaps you are running off of a wireless adapter or your router is a bit iffy/needs an update? do you use uPNP? maybe that is acting up with NAT and flooding the router to the point it crashes?

it could be that your pc couldn`t take the fps, try lowering the settings of your game.

I don`t  think its a bug or anything, it could be just your pc having problems.

has nothing to do with hardware issues, i thought i made it clear that it is internet connections.

the "internet connections" run through a number of hardware items, including your network adapter modems/routers/range extenders. Also an unbearable stress on your machine could cause the adapter to malfunction, likewise a crappy router.

I've not heard of these issues and no-one else is corroborating so it is likely that some part of your setup is at fault, not the game.

has nothing to do with hardware issues, i thought i made it clear that it is internet connections.

Please don't get snappy; we're trying to help you and some of us likely know a bit more than you about how this stuff works. I realize that the result of the problem is your internet not working, but that doesn't mean the internet itself is the problem. That'd be like saying a runny nose is DEFINITELY a sinus infection, because its coming out of your nose, when in fact it could be a cold, flu, allergy, or the humidity in the air.

I'm not a network tech, so I can't walk you through this like one, but i can say this: it's most likely your hardware OR your ISP. I consistantly run a Vauban/ignis on Cyath, and I have NO issues like those you have. The fact nobody else is getting this bug means that its likely client-side. That coupled with the fact that any worthwhile piece of software, which DE is good at creating despite the flack they get, can usually handle slowdowns. Meanwile, even though hardware (wifi card, router, etc.) usually has failsafes for data request overloads, the physical aspect of computing isn't so cut and dried as code tends to be. While DE's servers aren't perfect, they also are WAY better than anything most of us will ever afford, or know how to use, so I'd bet Plat that the problem lies in one of these areas:

1) Your wifi card. If you're using ethernet, then change that to your ethernet port/connection. This can happen either in the motherboard's handling of it, causing the system to backlog and freeze up somewhat, or in the wifi card itself, or in the connections, which may be damaged. If you can, try another computer on the same network and see if issues persist. If the issue dissapears, its likely your machine.

2)Your router. Even ethernet requires a router at some point along the line, so hopefully you have access to it. Whatch the router's warning lights next time it happens; if something is blinking orange or just blinking or something similar (when it usually doesn't. What I'm aiming at is; the lights don't follow the normal pattern) then you have an issue that your router can recognize. That does rule out the computer being messed up, which is good news, as routers are less expensive. If you can, try a new one out. If not, try adjusting your router settings. IF you use a range booster as well/instead, check that for similar issues.

3) Your ISP. Many companies for cellphone data do something called "fair use" throttling. IE, you use too much you get it shut off or slowed down. Rarely, home internet can have the same qualms hidden in the contract. A good example of a sublte version of this is Time Warner: Netflix, youtube, and a few other sites are only accessable at half speeds because they are flagged in the TIme Warner servers to be slowed down, or "throttled." If none of the above issues seem to be the case, i would suggest contacting your ISP about the issue. It could be throttling, or even just an issue with their system.

If none of these help, unfortunately that puts the issue beyond my meager qualifications, and you might be best to check with someone other than us forumgoers. I sincerely hope I helped.

EDITS: Grammar and Spelling as I read it over post-posting...

Edited by Maldecta

If it matters at all, I encountered a similar problem when I was spamming 4 Vortexes at the same time.

Although the difference for me is that FPS would drop, then come back up, then drop.

And if I stopped using Vortex the FPS rose back up to where it's supposed to be.

I was the host at the time, and everything went smooth til I decided to spam Vortex.

And yes someone was using Ignis if I remember correctly.

Had similar problem, using Ignis after around 30 or 40 minutes in void survival would cause freezes on host and disconnects (or permanent "frozen world") for clients.

It was not related to Vortex in my case, and It does not depend on hardware.

Edited by Darkix

I also have simpular problems. I have a very good computer (3.5GHz, 32GB RAM, GeForce 680). I normally get around 60 to 90 fps reguardless of the setting change below. I saw improvements to THIS problem (de-sync) by changing one setting.

Display->Texture Memory = Medium

to

Display->Texture Memory = Low

Notes: This is not a solution to the problem, but it will temporarly help. If the host of your games does not make the same changes, he/she will still de-sync from your client. It seems that the load of Ignis or Vortex causes the host to de-sync on most computers and especially slower ones. I hope this helps.