Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Ambassador: Multiple, very odd AoE mode issues

Tiltskillet

Here's a list of weird things I've found happening with the Ambassador's AoE mode:

- Explosion is not causing self-stagger.   

- "Regular" explosion is affected by Firestorm, but that's not reflected in the Arsenal stats. 

Unfortunately that's the least weird of the bugs... :P

Extra Explosion.   Hitting objects (not enemies) causes  -two- explosions.   This is with zero multishot.    One explosion has 800 base damage as expected from the Arsenal stats.  The second one has 600 base damage.  This matches the damage stat for direct hits with the projectile.  Additonally...

- This second explosion seems roughly the same radius as the primary one.  However it is not affected by Firestorm.

- It has no falloff range penalty.

- Despite being AoE, it does benefit from Galvanized Aptitude's damage bonus.

Multishot Isn't Affecting Either Explosion.   I did the following tests with exactly  +100%  multi, so the expected result would be four damage instances in sample.

- Only three damage popups on direct hits.  Two from the projectile, but only one from the explosion.

- Only two damage popups on object hits.  One from the  extra explosion described above.  One from the regular explosion.

I did do a few tests with higher amounts of multi as well.  With object hits, it's still always two popups anyway.  Direct hits are harder to count, but seem to be about half the expected number.  i.e., multi is only working on the projectile hit.

In case it's helpful:  I noticed a somewhat similar issue with a mysterious extra explosion on the Scourge and Scourge Prime a few months ago.  https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Scourge_Prime?commentId=4400000000003568906  It deserves its own thread and, unfortunately, a bunch of retesting though.   But maybe there's an underlying bug nest common to both.

• How can this bug be reproduced?

Equip the Ambassador, switch to AoE mode, and fire away.  I did all testing in the Sim.

• Can you provide your build and game settings?

Hotfix 31.3.1

• What kind of squad were you in? Solo, host, client?

Solo only.

• Can you share any images or a video of the bug?

I haven't made any video, but I'm happy to do so if needed.

9 hours ago, KlutzKick said:

Multishot works on Ambassador but instead of increasing the damage, it reduces it.

Hide contents

unknown.png

Unmodded. 2 popups 845 and 1,085 damages per shot.

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

Galvanized Shot x5 stack. 2 popups with 758 and 992 damages per shot.

I'm not sure I'm understanding you, but the part about multishot actually reducing damage I'm not seeing.  I retested everything to be sure.

This is all in charge up mode on a level 180 HCG.  (I earlier confirmed the base damage was correct on a Runner at 600 projectile / 800 radial unmodded.)

Set up : popups

Direct 0 multi : 17, 23

Direct 100 multi : 17, 17, 23

Object 0 multi : 17, 19

Object 100 multi : 17, 19

The number going from 23 to 19 between the direct and object tests is due to falloff on the "normal" AoE, as expected.

Conclusion: multi works on the projectile component (17), but has zero effect on any of the AoE components.

For GunCO tests I changed the setup to radiation / cold to get more consistent status and get rid of the electricity dots, so the numbers go up significantly.

Set up : popups

Direct, no GAptitude : 78, 103

Direct, 160% GAptitude : 202, 103

Object, no GAptitude : 78, 87

Object, 160% GAptitude : 202, 87

Again, there is falloff on the normal AoE.

Conclusion: GunCO bonus works as expected  on the projectile (160%) and the "normal" AoE (0%).  But it's also working on the "phantom" AoE that's produced on object hits.

I'd appreciate any clarification on what your tests are showing.

• 1 month later...

Archived