The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon System] Weapon Specialty

Vyra

i came to that idea when i was answering someone in that thread about armor 2.0..

Armor 2.0 Comes Out In U11?

warframe___weapon_specialty_concept_by_r

image link: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/319/4/f/warframe___weapon_specialty_concept_by_r9xchaos-d6u5hg4.png

The Idea is that The Tenno activates a function on their gun tomake it shoot fire,ice or whatever charged shoots =)
(( activating gauss accelerator would make piercings hits... activating plasma fuel system would make the bullets inflict fire dmg .. and so on..))

As i said there i would love to have Weapons a Weapon-Specialty added , where we can put mods like Piercing Hit or Deep Freeze.

And ingame, we activate those "Weapon-Specialty" for like 10 seconds by pressing the  5 Key ( since we only use numbers 1-4 and 5-0 are un used so far...

after 10 seconds of  weapon Specialty use it need to rest 10 seconds before "" it is fully charged with weapon Specialty again""

With that slots you can use yoru normal slots for Ammo drum or other mods again also ^^

(((( i only need some solution for melee weapons , either their Specialty are activated all the time or... i dont know...:D ))))

tell me what you think.

example names:

Firing Accelerator  , add armor piericng dmg

Cryo Fluid , adds Freezing dmg

Napalm , adds fire dmg

Electronic Detonation , adds electro dmg

Edited by Vyra

Perhaps instead of making it an aura, make it a utility slot? The current mod system makes it difficult to put certain utility mods like magazine size or reload speed on some weapons, so maybe this utility slot could help alleviate that?

Well my idea was also that if you use your elements in an aura slot so you can use magazine size in your normal slots again withotu worrying about to need a slto for elements oO

Please no.

Aura slot? yes.

Active ability? hell no.

I do NOT want to spam the 5 key every 10 seconds... seriously.

My version of a weapon aura:

Each player chooses a passive aura (Increase reloading speed for primary weapons by 10% for all teammates) etc.

They work just like the warframe ones, but one for each weapon type.

- they'd all have to be low stats, since they can stack up to 4 times.

- ideally they'd be somewhat unique stats, perhaps some not normally on the weapon themselves - and must be all "sidegrades", not a one-mod to rule them all.

the idea is that... ICE for example.. neeeds to be applied to your weapons ammo...i find it weird to have unlimited CRYO fluid atached to my gun... or napalm or whatever...

look, to use power.. we need collect ORBS

to use gun we need to collect AMMO

to use ELEMENT we dont need to obtain stuff?...

wich is boring and like a cheat... nothing to do than just firing is to simple...

the deal on my concept is that we also get a few more points to our guns in exchange for a more limited elemental dmg system.. since i dont think its neccesary to use elements AL THE TIME ... :(

P.S. also how lazy must someone be? all you need to ddo in game is moving and shooting..and of course people are pressing 1-4 why not add one more key? why not make it more complex ?

it would be nicer if we need to activate our elemnts with more tactics and thought...

Edited by Vyra

the idea is that... ICE for example.. neeeds to be applied to your weapons ammo...i find it weird to have unlimited CRYO fluid atached to my gun... or napalm or whatever...

look, to use power.. we need collect ORBS

to use gun we need to collect AMMO

to use ELEMENT we dont need to obtain stuff?...

wich is boring and like a cheat... nothing to do than just firing is to simple...

the deal on my concept is that we also get a few more points to our guns in exchange for a more limited elemental dmg system.. since i dont think its neccesary to use elements AL THE TIME ... :(

P.S. also how lazy must someone be? all you need to ddo in game is moving and shooting..and of course people are pressing 1-4 why not add one more key? why not make it more complex ?

it would be nicer if we need to activate our elemnts with more tactics and thought...

Damage 2.0 is changing elements.

I have no problem with "collecting elemental ammo". That'd be cool. In fact why don't we just pretend the elemental mods say exactly that. "Converts rilfe ammo to cryo ammo - adding 60% cold damage to each shot." Now it's logical!

I don't press 1-4 more than once every minute or so, with very very little exception.

I don't call that more complex, I call that more annoying.

Have you tried to press 5 repeatedly WHILE running dodging sliding rolling or shooting? Your change would SEVERELY limit mobility for little to no benefit.

Please no.

Aura slot? yes.

Active ability? hell no.

My version of a weapon aura:

Each player chooses a passive aura (Increase reloading speed for primary weapons by 10% for all teammates) etc.

They work just like the warframe ones, but one for each weapon type.

- they'd all have to be low stats, since they can stack up to 4 times.

- ideally they'd be somewhat unique stats, perhaps some not normally on the weapon themselves - and must be all "sidegrades", not a one-mod to rule them all.

Damage 2.0 is changing elements.

I have no problem with "collecting elemental ammo". That'd be cool. In fact why don't we just pretend the elemental mods say exactly that. "Converts rilfe ammo to cryo ammo - adding 60% cold damage to each shot." Now it's logical!

I don't press 1-4 more than once every minute or so, with very very little exception.

I don't call that more complex, I call that more annoying.

Have you tried to press 5 repeatedly WHILE running dodging sliding rolling or shooting? Your change would SEVERELY limit mobility for little to no benefit.

^

This. All of it. All this talk about having "limitless elemental rounds/clips/ammo". Isn't it also strange how we can carry so much rocket ammos for the Ogris? Also this is a Sci-Fi game with supposed "stealth" themes to it (ninjas/assassins). I know... The irony of me calling it "stealth" themed even though there is barely content to support stealth play. Anyway that's a story for another time.

The fact that we put "Mods" into our guns like it's some computer chip is already interesting enough as a game concept. It's "game logic" afterall.

i atleast have no problemdoing this oO

this game is already to easy.. no skill required to kill things here...

inmy opinion this game should be harder... not the mobs should be stronger.. but maybe more intelligent... and the bosses....seriously... please give me better AI.