Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General dropchance rework - chance based on difficulty

_Blackeye_

Every new update there are lots of complaints about dropchances. Some of these are righteous, some are not.
I do concur that dropchances should be reviewed...
Seeing the prices of hespar en aeolak parts should confirm this as there are even lots of prime parts not equally expensive.

That being said. I propose to increase dropchances for rarer rewards as the time/difficulty/enemy level increases.
Lets take the hespar as an example: It has a 10% dropchance. 
If that would increase every C rotation (by lets say 5 or 10%) it would benefit everyone.
People would play longer missions, missions would be more rewarding, endurance runs would be more rewarding, ...
Same for steel path. As far as I know the rotation rewards stay the same. But steel path is already more difficult. So it should be bumped immediately to double the base chance or whatever.

How do you decide what increases and what not? Just make it act like the relics, the rare items increase in chance, the common ones decrease.

Is there a limit? Possibly... Once every item reaches equal dropchance maybe? Or even phase out credits, endo, ... altogether...

It's just a raw idea, but some more thinking might go into it as this basically solves a lot of problems / complaints.

1 hour ago, _Blackeye_ said:

If that would increase every C rotation (by lets say 5 or 10%) it would benefit everyone.

I can agree that this sounds like a good idea, and would make farmers that does marathons happy, BUT...

1 hour ago, _Blackeye_ said:

Same for steel path. As far as I know the rotation rewards stay the same. But steel path is already more difficult. So it should be bumped immediately to double the base chance or whatever.

No, Steel Path to my knowledge and as told to me by several veterans of this game, was implemented because people wanted a "challenge". The drop rates are already increased in steel path, but you won't be able to see that increase as long as your not able to kill as efficiently as in normal modes. 

There are other items in the game that also has even lower chances of being dropped, but those items haven't been mentioned in this post. I do also question if your saying this because your either not able to get the parts to drop for you or that you don't have enough plat to buy it from someone else. Ill just tell you that this is what warframe is, it's a grindfest, and if you are not prepared to potentially use several hours to possible days to get what you want, then whats the point? 

as for your comment on making it work like relics. Again, you would most probably need to farm for a material to use for this mechanic and then when you have enough you would need to farm even more of it as you would use all of it.

Now these are my own opinions, but Warframe is grindy, and the prices for the parts will go down after some time, it's just that now in the beginning it's going to be a bit more expensive as not everyone is farming for it. It's to early in the new update to talk about the huge prices, when everything is still new.

On 2022-05-11 at 11:09 AM, xXDragonGodXx said:

I can agree that this sounds like a good idea, and would make farmers that does marathons happy, BUT...

No, Steel Path to my knowledge and as told to me by several veterans of this game, was implemented because people wanted a "challenge". The drop rates are already increased in steel path, but you won't be able to see that increase as long as your not able to kill as efficiently as in normal modes. 

There are other items in the game that also has even lower chances of being dropped, but those items haven't been mentioned in this post. I do also question if your saying this because your either not able to get the parts to drop for you or that you don't have enough plat to buy it from someone else. Ill just tell you that this is what warframe is, it's a grindfest, and if you are not prepared to potentially use several hours to possible days to get what you want, then whats the point? 

as for your comment on making it work like relics. Again, you would most probably need to farm for a material to use for this mechanic and then when you have enough you would need to farm even more of it as you would use all of it.

Now these are my own opinions, but Warframe is grindy, and the prices for the parts will go down after some time, it's just that now in the beginning it's going to be a bit more expensive as not everyone is farming for it. It's to early in the new update to talk about the huge prices, when everything is still new.

To counter the arguments that I got a balance of 18175 plat without ever spending any real money, I currently have 3/5 parts of which I already collected the most expensive ones (including for example the Hespar blade) and to finish my statement, in 3 days I'll be an active warframe player for exactly 9 years so I know the game is based on grinds.

The only reason for my suggestion is because of the main argument I mentioned in my original post: the feedback of missions not being rewarding.

Archived