Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Player Owned

Levelminded

if they are able to send in 4 pods to a space station without triggering the alarm, then how in the world is adding another one going to trigger it. if the grinneer are that dense to not figure out they've been boarded, then what harm will it do to put another??????

No, I meant what if the players were playing the level and an enemy had turned on the alarm.

No, I meant what if the players were playing the level and an enemy had turned on the alarm.

if your asking what if the enemies find out we are there and they alert everyone? then it would be the same situation we do know, except maybe the enemies might reach the dimensional door and enter it. i said the enemies can enter the houses, so it's not safe. plus if they were to for some reason take down the house then why don't they do the same to the extraction points -.-

The main problem I have with your idea is that everything you want your "house" to do is already in the game. You basicly have your "house" on the q-key (default bind). Also there is a profile page were you can "show off" your gear.

And your comment on the prices of the items is invalid. You can sell a white mod for up to 2700 credits which buys you more than two ammo boxes.

Why not? My Excalibur would love to have a quaint little cottage in the country to get away to between bouts of ultraviolence. Maybe have a cooking minigame. To be honest, all I really ever wanted out of this game was the ability to bake cakes all day.

Seriously, though, Steve said in the livestream that player owned ships are in the pipeline. That fits the theme perfectly and gives us a chance to potentially spend some these vast credit reserves eventually.

This idea sort of reminds me more of the housing you get in like EVE online, where your pilot sort of docks in and has a small room to himself. But I could see a sort of set up for where you could meditate and set your skills or have a weapons rack where you can change stuff out. Thats just my 2 cents though, so don't mind me XD

The reason it works for Guild Wars and Red Dead Redemption is because both of them are open-world. Warframe uses randomly generated levels based on certain tilesets. The levels are meant to last no longer than 30 minutes. After the end of every level, you are transported back to the mainscreen so you can begin a new level with full health and ammo.

In Guild Wars and Red Dead Redemption, at the end of a quest, you're still where you finished your quest, and you have to get to a safe house to refuel. Thus, the special houses serve as a place to go inbetween quests. In Warframe, there is no real need to restock other than to make a certain stage slightly easier.

The houses would also detract from the linear-action oriented game the Devs want. This is why they won't impliment a simple cover system. too many people would wait behind cover for shields to regenerate. If the houses were implemented, too many people would go on little detours while playing to visit their houses and wait out for the storm to pass.

It's nice to see everyone trying to pitch in and get involved, but not all suggestions are going to be in line with the Devs' vision.

A player owned house like everyone said doesn't fit this game. We're in Outer Space in the Solar System. Where would you build the house? On a Moon or terrain that is controlled by the Grineer, Corpus, or Infested? No thanks. Beside there a reason why you have 8 slots for ammo packs and heals. You also have a side arm and Melee which helps just as much as your primary. Not to mention your Warframe has ability. I understand the pain of a sniper running out of ammo. However it shouldn't be a problem in a mission. If you're bringing the sniper to a boss fight then yeah, You need to reconsider your choice of weapon for a boss fight. Other than that you shouldn't be running out of ammo if your sniper is 1 shotting just about everything.