Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Keyboard And Mouse Support For Ps4

(PSN)SushiDubya

Thank you DE for bringing my favorite game to PS4!!!

Upon googling "Keyboard Mouse support PS4" I came across this article:

http://kotaku.com/surprisingly-one-ps4-game-supports-mouse-and-keyboard-1462525553

I can't help but wonder what it would be like if the PS4 had keyboard and mouse support too in Warframe.  It would truly level the playing field between console and PC players, and the difference in the Warframe gaming experience would be minimal.

PC Warframe users like me would have a seamless transition over to PS4 too.

Thanks for considering and keep up the awesome work!

=)

Edited by (PS4)SushiDubya

as of patch 1.5 ps4 has mouse and keyboard suport, but warframe in PS4 Doesn't have it set as optional controlers yet...

I have to say if they are not added, I will not likely continue to play on PS4.. i like that it doesn't crash as often as PC but other than that... it isn't as useful to play...

1: slide dash much harder, sticks in crouch

2: toggles = 2x harder to aim

3: touch pad powers more of a burden to use on touch pad than keyboard

4: joy stick R3 buttons assignment makes some movements almost impossible due to their poor multitasking.

ie: I used to slide dash flip jump wall run back flip spin aim shoot wall run jump shoot wall run back flip shoot ... I'm not saying each of these things is impossible but with the key sets where they are it would be more than 4x as hard to do said moves..

Easy test is base obstacle course; PC vs PS4... do it in prime time... I almost dare you.. ;)

§§CrazieGeneral

I would kill for some M&K support for this game on PS4. I've been playing this game on PC since closed beta and am a Master Founder, but I wouldn't mind playing the PS4 version with some friends who don't have a gaming PC. I tried the PS4 version earlier and it was fun, but it just couldn't compare to how fluid the M&K controls are (since I'm already used to it). PLEASE consider adding M&K support on PS4.

Why do you play on the Playstation 4 if you don't like the controller? If you prefer a keyboard and mouse why not just stick to the PC?

I'll paste part of my response from directly above your reply... "... but I wouldn't mind playing the PS4 version with some friends who don't have a gaming PC."

Edited by (PS4)SilentAssassn87

Why do you play on the Playstation 4 if you don't like the controller? If you prefer a keyboard and mouse why not just stick to the PC?

Options are good.  You have to remember that Warframe was originally designed with the PC in mind.

When builds are in sync and PC players are playing with PS4 players it'll be good to have both playing on an equal footing.

While I have been making progress with learning how to play on a PS4 controller, I will probably guesstimate that I am able to play literally 4-5 times better on keyboard and mouse.  That's a huge difference.

I will be sticking to both PC and PS4, but I like options.  =)

ie: I used to slide dash flip jump wall run back flip spin aim shoot wall run jump shoot wall run back flip shoot ... I'm not saying each of these things is impossible but with the key sets where they are it would be more than 4x as hard to do said moves..

Easy test is base obstacle course; PC vs PS4... do it in prime time... I almost dare you.. ;)

§§CrazieGeneral

What would I search for on youtube to find videos of this?  Or if anyone has any links ... I'd like to see ... It sounds pretty awesome.

Then ... I will try to master it with the PS4 controller - even if it is 4x harder - just because I like lounging in a bean bag rather than sitting in front of my PC.

Edited by (PS4)roboshawn

Put me down in favor of this, although I must confess I actually like and prefer the controller, with one exception: the Run being mapped to R3 is a pain. I'd like to be able to re-map the buttons on the controller and reassign run to Triangle and put the primary/secondary weapon swap on R3 instead.

Other than that, I'd be in favor of KB support in particular for typing...trying to type anything more than the equivalent of grunts with the on-screen KB on the PS4 is no bueno.

• 5 weeks later...

as of patch 1.5 ps4 has mouse and keyboard suport, but warframe in PS4 Doesn't have it set as optional controlers yet...

I have to say if they are not added, I will not likely continue to play on PS4.. i like that it doesn't crash as often as PC but other than that... it isn't as useful to play...

1: slide dash much harder, sticks in crouch

2: toggles = 2x harder to aim

3: touch pad powers more of a burden to use on touch pad than keyboard

4: joy stick R3 buttons assignment makes some movements almost impossible due to their poor multitasking.

§§CrazieGeneral

My Dojo's current running record is 1min 2 sec for the course.

I was just thinking about this and then I started thinking about, "what exactly is the reason I can't have both PS4 and PC play with the same account?"  I still agree we should have the option to play kb/mouse on the PS4, but why can't I also have the option to just run some missions chill on my PS4 with a controller and then other days choose to log in on my PC and get headshots with my kb/mouse?  I don't exactly have the setup to use kb/mouse on my PS4 anyway so this would totally work better for me.

So why ... why can't I load the same save on both PS4 and PC?  We're all playing off the same servers, right - why not allow me to log in either way and continue my experience?

Perhaps I should start a new thread ... unless you guys know of one that is already exploring this question.

When the ps4/pc pools of players can play together i see this problem going away, but will keyboard and mouse integration on the ps4 not greatly disturb the conclave on ps4, with the differences in targeting/moving etc. and remember that the devs would have to create some way of going between UIs on the star screen etc.for ps4. I just thought that K&M would harm the competitive play aspect because of balancing and the only i would think to fix it would be an opt in/ opt out selection for playing with K&M and segregating the two groups, mind these are only my thoughts, i would love to see what others think about competitive and K&M. 

I was just thinking about this and then I started thinking about, "what exactly is the reason I can't have both PS4 and PC play with the same account?"  I still agree we should have the option to play kb/mouse on the PS4, but why can't I also have the option to just run some missions chill on my PS4 with a controller and then other days choose to log in on my PC and get headshots with my kb/mouse?  I don't exactly have the setup to use kb/mouse on my PS4 anyway so this would totally work better for me.

So why ... why can't I load the same save on both PS4 and PC?  We're all playing off the same servers, right - why not allow me to log in either way and continue my experience?

Perhaps I should start a new thread ... unless you guys know of one that is already exploring this question.

Because account duality which is exactly what you are talking about has been dead since launch and they said it's not happening.Ever.

You know, having close to 10 years of experience with Dualshock controllers I don't feel the need to use keyboard and mouse in this game. I have a bit more experience with K&M but I generally prefer dualshock. That was not the case in like 2002, but at this point Dualshock is like extension of my arms.

And hell, I don't want to EVER play with PC players. The reason I stick to consoles these days is cause that keep all those hackers, modders and other human trash away. On PC you have to rely on wonky stuff like Punkbuster that doesn't work half the time.

You know, having close to 10 years of experience with Dualshock controllers I don't feel the need to use keyboard and mouse in this game. I have a bit more experience with K&M but I generally prefer dualshock. That was not the case in like 2002, but at this point Dualshock is like extension of my arms.

And hell, I don't want to EVER play with PC players. The reason I stick to consoles these days is cause that keep all those hackers, modders and other human trash away. On PC you have to rely on wonky stuff like Punkbuster that doesn't work half the time.

Same here, I try to play on pc after years of playing with dualshocks and I cant aim, but I have a 99% accuracy with sticks.

• 2 weeks later...

After watching videos of Valkyr using rip line like spiderman to contantly fly around the room, I agree that we definitely need M&K support.  There is just no possible way to do those maneuvers with a controller.  Also mario-style wall climbing is insanely difficult with a controller. 

Performing a wall attack is nearly IMPOSSIBLE.  First you have to hold X with your thumb to climb a wall and slide down it, then position your INDEX FINGER on the X button (still holding it down) so you can use your thumb to swivel the camera around to target an enemy, then if you are still managing all this somehow before you fall off the wall, then you have to actually target an enemy and press R1 with your MIDDLE FINGER since your index finger is being used already.  Absurd.  I want that 2000 damage fist weapon wall attack without giving myself carpal tunnel.

Unreal Tournament gave it to PS3 players way back in the day (no special attachment required).

War Thunder on PS4 has it (no attachment required).

I hope we see it on PS4 when/if we start playing together with PC players.  Of course the framerate issue needs to take top priority though.

Edited by (PS4)beerninja88

I'm not using K&M. The issue here - they need to adapt controls better. You shouldn't have to keep holding X when you start sliding the wall. Also, it's been confirmed - no cross-play. Although they plan transferring PC accounts to PS4 somehow. They should just optimize controls better. It's not unheard of.

Painkiller H&D on PS3 plays much like on PC for example because devs were smart enough to put jump on trigger so bunny-hopping while shooting would work fine on PS3.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You said in the most recent dev stream that you guys are working on sniper rifle damage... It would go perfectly with that (or sooner ;) ) to make your game mouse and keyboard compatible as well.  In my opinion, 'most' people will be more accurate and aim for their intended target (be it a head shot, or weak spot) faster with a mouse.  This could be why you rarely see a ps4 player running a latron... and I can't say I've ever seen anyone with a sniper rifle on ps4.  Please consider this, thanks!

Edited by (PS4)draven_ev