Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hard To Decide,coolness Or Feeling.

Razer_Angel21

Question

Hi guys,i just want to ask something,i am about to replace one of my frames with saryn and i am wondering which frame should i sell,is it my Excalibur(which i have been playing with so many times and i can proudly say i have mastered him and took him in missions with enemies lvls 100 solo,and i really like him,i dont know why but i like using this frame and his looks) or Ash(i use ash for the "stealthy" coolness thing,and that very cool ulti,stabbing enemies with 2 blades from your hands made me feel like an assassin from AC,and it comes with teleporting to enemies which is cool,it's like,blaaahh im here to kill you!!".So i thought i would argue about their damage output with myself...i judged their first abilities first,Slash Dash and Shuriken both deals serrated blade damage where they tied up,but then Shuriken came short for Slash Dash's ability to hit infinite number of enemies as long as they are lined-up and on it's 2.5 meter striking range(i use stretch).Radial Blind and Smoke Screen,once again Ash's ability came short,but this time for utility,but i really like the ninja smokescreen thingy,and bonus damage for my galatine,but i know some players would really like my excalibur's utility than my ash's damaging capability,Teleport and Jump,both serves mobility,but ash beats it with a little offensive capability by staggering the opponent,i can charge my galatine if i use it real quick before the enemy even staggers me or retaliates which is good at tactically killing opponents at a range if you are reloading your long range weapon(like heavies,yes,my galatine can kill lvl 100s in 1 swing,and so are yours if you will mod it well).

And here is where they tied up(2-2)...Radial Javelin vs Blade Storm,Excalibur hits his enemies with javelins dealing 1k damage each,unfortunately enemies can take cover from this,this is why i use jump on levels with wide open tops,so i can headshot everyone(ha ha,i call it Meteor Shower,XD)and this deals reduced damage to seekers and commanders plus rollers,although i know they are a minority of enemies,i still consider them,next thing advantage is the ability to pair with a mag to deal the biggest single target damage directly from a warframe ability(sonar can make some weaps reach 500k plus damage from a vectis,but it is not directly from the ability,just it's effect)and a downside of becoming vulnerable to enemy fire if any enemy survives or is too far,i counter this with a Blind first combo(i call this...Bankai White Petals combo..XD).Blade Storm,has the highest base damage of all the warframe abilities(i think nova has the highest "potential" damage output,i dunno,its just a guess,imagine hitting an enemy with this..man i can even kill lvl 130s with this one that a javelin couldnt,same number of enemies will be hit,15,where the bladestorm really excels due to it's teleporting mechanic which cannot be evaded by taking cover(ha ha i killed a rhino with a narrow minded mod(i am using a narrow minded and focus plus a streamline and fleeting expertise mod,once i got that energy he knows he is dead!!wahahahahaha)and also deals more damage than a javelin,and with narrow minded you will be 1 shotting heavies at lvl 100.And as I said,with fleeting expertise and streamline this ablitiy is quite spammable even with the narrow minded installed,the only hindrance is its inability to instantly kill the 15 killable targets,where as javelin can instantly kill the 15 "killable",i repeat,"killable" targets,but still in terms of raw damage Blade Storm reigns over Radial Javelin.

I like both of them,one is for some feeling i fell about,i am pertaining to excalibur,it's like even when all players says excaliburs are noobs,due to this somekind of what i can already call connection to the character i always come up exceeding the things i thought i couldn't do just to prove these people that they are wrong,i always had fun with him,he is my starter frame,but it doesnt matter here,i mean i wanted loki more when i first read something about warframe cuz of his elusiveness and Radial Disarm,and Mag for her high shields and the ability to restore them while giving off some offense for shielded enemies,and her pull ability,but somehow,though Excalibur was my last choice...i don't know why i chose him,i just felt that this frame has something more,while Ash on the other hand is the first frame i built cuz of his coolness and popularity on some players,i liked him also,good damage,elusiveness,skills that can 1 shot most enemies,and some offense,he really has the core of a true ninja-Elusive,Agile,and Deadly.I like his ultimate for it's animation,teleporting and stabbing enemies just makes me crazy,it's like you are unstoppable and enemies fall whenever your blade already made contact to their faces.So after all these words,WHICH ONE SHOULD I KEEP,The Excalibur OR ASHHHhhhh.

Edited by Razer_Angel21

10 answers to this question

Just buy 75 Plat for cheap and get some slots, but if you had to choose, I guess I would sell Excal, meh, I have all frames, and from my experience, I use my Ash more than Excal, although Excal is fun to  take out once in a while.

I'm with this guy, just drop a couple bucks and have all three, neither ash or excali are objectively better than another, they have situational usefulness. If however you really must choose, and i know what i'm about to say won't help much, I preferred playing my excali more than my ash, and a well ranked super jump can bring old excal up high enough that his javelins will fire from above enemies, negating most cover like boxes or railings. However, the devs have hinted that ash will be getting a power rework, which really just bring me back to agreeing with this guy, it is to early to sell ash, and excal has a few tricks up his sleeve you seem not to have touched yet, ay five bucks and get enough for almost every warframe to be slotted.