Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proboscis Cernos Immediate Falloff

Seasonsofclarity

Recently discovered that 90% of the shots I'm taking with the Proboscis Cernos are dropping to hit the floor 5' in front of me. This is the case even when mid-air or shooting directly up into the sky.

The weapon is built with a multi-shot mod (Split Chamber). When I use the phrase "90% of the shots", it means 90% of the individual arrows being fired. Every so often, a single arrow will launch forward as it is supposed to, but the remaining multi-shots hit the floor as stated above.

Thanks to this issue, the weapon is nearly unusable.

Bug report guidelines questions:

1. To Reproduce: Build a Proboscis Cernos with mod-added multi-shot.
  2. Prior Behavior: Prior to the use today, multiple arrows would scatter out with a minor spread rate towards the maximum firing range.
  3. Build: Twice-Forma'ed, Serration, Split Chamber, High Voltage, Fanged Fusillade, Arrow Mutation (Eximus)
  4. Solo run
  5. Photo/video potentially forthcoming
  6. There are possibly two version updates between this issue appearing and the last time I used the Proboscis Cernos (single-Forma'ed and maxed at that time)
  7. Not a crash

I have been noticing this "bug" for some time having started soon after I got the bow, I, however, do not have multi-shot as one of my mods, and I haven't added any forma's to the bow as of yet. If it wasn't for the fact that I have the "arrow mutation" mod, and ran the mission with a sahasa kubrow with dig, this bow would have been totally useless, I fired 17 rounds and everyone of them hit the floor in front of me during just one engagement, this was during the Halako Perimeter (Grineer Occupying) Exterminate solo mission. I approximate 70% of all arrows fired during the overall mission did this. To tell the truth, it was worse tonight then it has been since I noticed the bug soon after I got the bow. I will also try to video the bug and attach in the future.

Have been noticing this lately as well.  Mods are Serration + 3 60% damage/status mods only, nothing fancy.

It doesn't seem 100% consistent, but I've been able to get a decent rate of replication (75%+?) when there's a corpse/gibs on the floor, along the flight path of the arrow.  In Captura/Simulacrum when all the corpses are long gone, I honestly have trouble replicating the behavior.  Had tried turning off controller aim assist in case that was activating somehow, but no dice.

Archived