Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka Puncture

Stakhanov

I recently picked up the Lanka sniper rifle from the ClanTech weapons. I've already heard bad reviews about it, so I wasn't getting my hopes up, but I actually found it to be quite enjoyable and I am liking using it; just the feel of it. The damage is pretty good and such, but I figured I'd need puncture on it to get multiple targets in one, like I do with lots of other weapons.

So I put Shred on my Lanka, mostly for the puncture, but the fire rate was a good plus. Without it, I obviously can only shoot one at a time.

With my Vectis, Vulkar and other weapons, I can easily go through five or more enemies in a single shot and I can shoot them through doors too, so I have something to compare to.

With Shred on the Lanka, I can still get the puncture, and can shoot through two people at best. The shot can also go through doors on the Grineer Galleon and hit people behind, but it seems to be capped to just one enemy through doorways. 

Is this an intentional thing that the impact of Shred is reduced on the Lanka? I don't have split chamber so I know it's not the projectile dispersion catching two at a time, It's definitely killing two with the same shot, but compared to the other rifles, is it intentional that the power of Shred is reduced on the Lanka?

Puncture mods add a cumulative distance that shots can travel after initial contact

For example maxed Shred + maxed Auger adds 1.8m of puncture. So if i fired lanka through a door, regardless of thickness, after initial contact it would fly for 1.8 more meters. This distance, by my understanding, is mitigated to extend from the initial point of impact. 

I have a picture to demonstrate.

QRzCMhD.jpg

Let that blue line indicate the shots theoretical path with undefined puncture distance. The dark red spay is the initial impact and the red line is the actual travel distance after impact

Edited by FissionStorm

I understand that, and I know what you're saying; the part that puzzles me is that with the same powered shred mod, for example if they are spaced like so:

Door (0.2m)   ----(0.5m)---  Grineer (0.2m)  -(0.1m)-  Grineer (0.2m) ---

With the Vectis, I can go through that door, then through five enemies stood directly behind that door with little to no effort at all. The example above lists 1.2m Puncture, so the Vectis would handle these guys.

However, if they are spaced the same like so, The Lanka will only go through the door, then the soldier, and wouldn't ever travel to the guy behind, even though the power of my shred mod, would theoretically make it do so.

I also had a line of Grineer on Apollodorus literally running within touching distance of each other in a perfect line, so I fired the Lanka at the first guy. It went through him and hit the guy behind. However, it left the other three untouched. I feel as though there is a puncture cap for the Lanka, because any other rifle would have gone through all five of them.