The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Can't play on original PS4

(PSN)nicea_325

I've been getting the same issue since the last host of zariman changes. I've noticed it is particularly bad in Zariman (especially Cascade) and Eidolon fights. However, since the last round of hotfixes, I am now getting this issue even when I'm sitting in my orbiter, in trade chat. I originally thought this might be my playstation, but no other game does this...There's definitely something in the last zariman update+subsequent hotfixes that has caused this. Some code has clearly not been tested with the ps4 players in mind. Hopefully this is something the devs are aware of it, but part of me thinks us peasants playing on the old consoles are simply screwed.

• 2 weeks later...

This game has evolved into an unoptimized flashy lensflare fest and the devs don't seem to give a damn about optimizing it for weaker machines.

Fortunately tho, you can tone down alot of stuff in the settings so that your PS4 doesn't overheat anymore.

Go to your Options > Video and switch GPU particle quality to disabled, and most importantly change your Dynamic Resolution to user and lower the Resolution Scale to 50. I'd also suggest turning off all the other stuff under the advanced section (Bloom, Glare, Film Grain etc.)

Also lower the visual effects in Accessibility options.

Your game will look much worse compared to before but at least you'll actually get to play the game without the risk of damaging your console by overheating it.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same overheating problem except my ps4 isn't even overheating, it gives an overheat warning but every time I check my ps4 and its only as warm as you would expect it to be, no where near hot enough to cause problems. it happens so randomly too, sometimes before the game can even boot up properly, sometimes in the helminth room, more than a few times in areas like the chrysalith/necralisk etc, and most recently it happened in an actual mission, I have all the graphics settings available on ps4 set as low as they can be or off entirely but it still happens.

I started playing Warframe about a year ago  but I stopped once I reached Venus; 3 weeks ago I returned to it and started to actually enjoy the game

I have a ps4 slim it's a bit old but it works fine but on certain Warframe missions and quests it started overheating like on (earth ;erra quest;cambion drift …)now it became unplayable and I'm locked out of alot of the games content like kuva's ‚railjack ‚steelpath... Just to name afew. And it overheats at certain areas like the big pipe in spy missions on earth.   I'm really hoping for a fix in the next update but idk if they will do anything about it. It seems most people don't have this problem but I'm still hoping. This game is so fun but I really wanna try it's other content. 

• 2 months later...

Archived