Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Architectural Layout Map

VoidWraith

I feel that despite being able to create/build dojos and rooms for it, we should have a map layout (preferably 3D render?) of our dojo. There are times where I just want to see the layout of my/our dojo but I cant really see/don't know what I'm seeing since the maps/rooms are overlayed on top of each other.

It can also be helpful in future designs as well. Perhaps even maybe have a special one-time only event where we can move the rooms around once/if this idea ever gets implemented. At the moment, the map layout is very clustered and it's hard to even "see" your dojo on the architectural designs of it.

Let me know what you guys think. Or maybe this idea was already annouced/suggested. But I just don't see it, while I was searching this part of the forums.

Good and previously suggested idea, I'm the dojo architect of my clan and my method is quite involved when DE could ease it so much, I've gone around the dojo and taken screenshots of the minimap to get each room tile, then processed those screenshots into only the room in black and white outline, then in photoshop arranged those tiles into the dojo's layout on multiple floors, it's a good map of the dojo but it requires manual updating when we change the dojo, and it's not in-game, it's on the clan's forums etc.

If DE gave us an actual map and made it editable by architects to edit the dojo itself would be very nice, and time-saving on my part.

The thing is the map layout of the dojo should be part of the game. It should clearly show where is where. When i want to create a new room/hallway to the floor/map, it shows up all cluttered and everything on top of each other. We should not have to go out of a game (ie: photoshop) just to be able to do/add something to the dojo. The map should show the entire layout as a 3D render or just the layout of the floor you are currently on. It can be nice to also include decorations in each room/hallway as well (but this is asking for too much already).

Yeah agreed, a very weird omission from the game, though frankly there are a lot of those, like a clan management UI

Here is my effort btw:

Grid-Version-6-future.png

Haven't updated it for the new-new dueling rooms yet...

Edited by KriLL3

Yeah agreed, a very weird omission from the game, though frankly there are a lot of those, like a clan management UI

Here is my effort btw:

Grid-Version-6-future.png

Haven't updated it for the new-new dueling rooms yet...

See? It should be something like this. Or like a 3D render of it like how our current arsenal UI is. The layout you made is well done by the way.

Thanks, and yeah I spend hours total making that picture by manually combining screenshots of the minimap etc, very inefficient way to do it.

The obstacle courses especially were a nightmare to stitch together into one tile.

Edited by KriLL3

A map for the Dojo is something that would be VERY nice.  KriLL3, I may just steal your idea there and make a map like that for my Dojo!  You did a fantastic job, and I do NOT see why DE cannot make a simple map.  just take the mini-map, and bind and expand key to something like "M", then expand the mini-map over the entire screen.  In practice, it would be harder, but I doubt it would take a dev team very long to produce a nice result.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...