Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The John Woo Moment

You should all know what I'm talking about.

This:

leaping.jpg?w=495

Sprint, jump, and aim down the sights of your favourite weapon, and you'll preform an amazing feat of Tenno acrobatics. Proving once and for all how tough your abs are, or how soft your chest-mounted pillows can be - this staple of 'gun-fu' style action films feels right at home in the warframe universe. Given our super-tough, and oh-so-stylish Warframes allow us to run up walls and preform backflips with ease, I'm the last person who you'll hear saying that new combo moves and little gimmicks like this are a bad thing.

BUT.

This move in particular needs a little tweak in my mind, and while it's hardly game breaking (I seem to have a knack for bringing up the trivial on these forums <_< ) it is something I think needs to be fixed soonish.

That is, when you look down your weapon's sights during the leap, you still get the standard level of zoom.

Why is this a problem? Well now your Warframe is sailing through the air in a very arodynamic bellyflop, and it has a tendancy to fill up most of the left (or right) hand side of the screen.

My suggestion? While leaping through the air, your ADS dosn't zoom quite as much as usual, say, half or a third of it's normal amount.

I played around with the new FOV slider (Thanks again DE) and found that if you can actually see around your Warframe's bulk while diving, it becomes quite a useful new tool, rather than an embarrassingly classy way to take out that one Grineer marine you spent the last few minutes reducing to a sliver of health.

Thoughts?

I tried doing a wall run jump shot. Only to miss miserably. It's as if the accuracy dropped down to 0. ._.

I've actually managed to hit stuff while doing the "Woo bellyflop" - but it's no where near as easy to aim as say, sliding and shooting. I don't know if the accruacy is actually affected, or if it's simply because your character model isn't filling half of the screen though.