Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich spawning mid-mission

KaeerBear

I'm going to keep this short because I am posting out of sheer anger at the moment.

Kuva Liches and stronger enemies like them should NOT spawn on top of your player or objectives. It can cause a mission to fail, (such as defenses and mobile defenses) just simply by them firing one single burst.

I recently started a new Kuva Lich for the Kuva Nukor. During one of my defense missions, my lich spawned. It immediately downed me and a teammate, right off the bat. Then proceeded to kill the cryo-pod. This lich was rank 1 on Earth, the starting planet. This lich destroyed me, my teammate, AND our defensive objective in less than FOUR seconds. The mission failed.

Normally, I would just go again. Normally, I wouldn't be upset at all. However, before that Lich spawned, the Shadow Stalker attacked me and dropped the Despair Blueprint.... 

I have been needing Despair for over 7 years.

7 years of wanting a specific, low-drop chance item, only for it to be lost in 4 seconds due to a rank 1 lich spawning on top of the party and defense objective. That is absurd. I have never been so disheartened by this game before. To see the item I've never seen before, only to lose it in seconds, without even a chance to fight for it. It sure doesn't make me want to play more.

I'm sure people lose missions all of the time due to lich spawns. I imagine it could be a very common thing. But how many times do people lose what I lost on this day? so I would propose that liches spawn with the rest of the pack of enemies, away from the objective to avoid a collateral loss such as that.

I do not know where I should post this, so here it is.

Please DE, don't let anyone else lose this kind of motivation to play Warframe.

The way to avoid this is strategic choice of nodes, frames, and positioning.

Do Lich missions with lose conditions like Defense and Mobile Defense FIRST before you do others, when Liches and Sisters have low Anger and therefore almost no chance to appear.

DON'T stand near objectives. Liches will always appear near you. If you aren't on top of the target there won't be anything to hit.

Lastly, choose loadouts that won't instant die to your Lich. If your setup is so flimsy that a R1 Lich on Earth is strong enough to instantly down you, you're Doing It Wrong.

Don't blame the game for your own mistakes. Everything you described was avoidable.

Archived