Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is How Fire Should Actually Look

lautalocos

well old ember had that kind of fire, had XD

maybe warframe just doesn't want to do realistic fire, think about it, are there actually ninjas in space

well at least the grineer scorches have that kind of fire

the grineer scorcher flames look horrible too.

the FX on warframe need a rework in my opinion.

There's a topic about this in which Vaen, one of the tech animators responsible for effects, commented. Fire in video games is very difficult, and it's also quite reliant on what the engine can do. Vaen said he wants to improve the way fire looks, but it is not at the top of his list of things to do.

There's a topic about this in which Vaen, one of the tech animators responsible for effects, commented. Fire in video games is very difficult, and it's also quite reliant on what the engine can do. Vaen said he wants to improve the way fire looks, but it is not at the top of his list of things to do.

good to know!

Do you have any goddamn idea how much framerate does Fire consume to be rendered in any shape better then that S#&$ty thing we have right now that could be very close to cartoon fire?...

Well, me neither, but i seem to remember that even water, if rendering the droplets, would screw the framerate royally... Hell, even cloth effect have kind of a framerate drop, now imagine trying to render a more realistic fire!

Do you have any goddamn idea how much framerate does Fire consume to be rendered in any shape better then that S#&$ty thing we have right now that could be very close to cartoon fire?...

Well, me neither, but i seem to remember that even water, if rendering the droplets, would screw the framerate royally... Hell, even cloth effect have kind of a framerate drop, now imagine trying to render a more realistic fire!

Settings: Low, Medium, High, Ultra. What I want to say: You don't need to have them active, it's optional. They need to be there though for gameplay purposes. Mainly PvP can't have one player have his/her visibility obstructed by fire or fog while the other has complete clear vision.

Edited by R3leaZ

I don't know what is there but that's not impressive at all.

maybe you mean something like this? 

That honestly isn't the best looking fire. Sure the flamethrower has actually good effects but the fire on the ground don't have any effects on them. Even when in the shadow part of the forest you don't see any lighting on the trees themselves.

in CG effects fire and water are the most difficult to obtain to be more realistic

http://youtu.be/6ci-rdMkS_o?t=15m57s

What I have to add is that the realtime global illumination on the fire video is partially disabled so you don't see shadows casted by the fire being blocked by the objects.

Im wrong on that one. It is fully enabled. You don't see much shadow casting but it actually is there. Indirect lighting only covers it up slightly but if you look closely it actually is there.

Edited by R3leaZ

http://youtu.be/6ci-rdMkS_o?t=15m57s

What I have to add is that the realtime global illumination on the fire video is partially disabled so you don't see shadows casted by the fire being blocked by the objects.

Im wrong on that one. It is fully enabled. You don't see much shadow casting but it actually is there. Indirect lighting only covers it up slightly but if you look closely it actually is there.

can that dragon be a my ignis? please?

that looks impresive. i don´t know if it´s possible, but i hope we see that in this game