Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for Excal rework 2022

(PSN)JuRod

Ideas for an Excal rework.

Excal and Mag are going to have some Pablo loving soon and I look forward to seeing what he does with their kit to make them better. Mag for me is already a great frame that really only needs some number tweaks for her abilities to make her more new player friendly.

Excal (who has been my boy since day one in 2016) I feels needs more to bring his kit up to date. Don’t get me wrong his kit is fine for new players to start with, but he starts to fall off hard once the star chart is done due to a lot of the unintentional nerfs he was hit with when melee 2.999999 hit and then the new round of melee nerfs to CO/BR/Gladiator mods to fix guns… (Not what anyone asked for DE) 

My ideas don’t take any helmenth ability in mind as I feel his kit should synergies together without it. Helmenth should be just a bonus if you want but not a necessity like it is now. 

Passive… “Master of the old Ways” Excal gets a 10% damage bonus to all old world style weapons. Melees, bows and throwing knives. Umbra passive remains the same.

First off radial blind and howl… Maybe give it another 5m base range but leave effects as they are. It’s the only ability on him that is absolutely perfect and does not need any changes. Augment stays the same with maybe life steal on finisher kill with augment.

Shadow Slash… Change for Excal slash dash, to a shadow clone slashing everyone in its range, similar to Ash blade storm. The clone will last only till it slashes everyone in its range from original cast point, but it is spamable to have more than one shadow clone (up to 4) making it beneficial to build range and synergies with blade and howl by keeping its blade property you built for and blind adds its stealth damage. Unmoddable base 100% Crit chance and 100% chance bleed on a hit. Other elemental status effects will be based on the exalted blade build. Leave augments the same.

Radial Javlin… Changes completely. Excal is a swordsmen not a Olympian.  Ability changes to “Master of Blades”. A 30second duration based ability that staggers all enemy in the area on ability cast that give Excal a +1.5m range and +30% attack speed buff at level 30, also every “slash hit” caused by the melee rebuilds sheilds and over shields. To get the max speed (55%) and range (3m) buff the strength needs to be at least 200%. The range buff will not have fall off on its follow through for its ability range. Augment stays the same, as on ability cast, all enemies in the AOE will be hit with a small stagger. Augment allows for buff refresh without waiting for buff to be over.

Exalted Blade… Major Numbers buff and a new smoothed out stance. Stance will have 2 forces slash procs on its regular spam combo and no pauses in between swings. Buff to Base speed to 1, base 27% Crit chance, 36% status chance. With these numbers you can have a base 100% Crit chance and 100% status chance with the 2 sacrificial mods and 3 60/60 mods. Since 100% status can be reached with 60/60 mods, Chromatic blade augment changed to “Chaotic Blade”. It’s basically the classic Condition Overload mod. For every status on an enemy hit you get the old 1.6X multiplier of old condition overload. Can not be stacked with regular condition overload mod.

So this is my dream rework for Excal. I don’t expect any of this to happen, but I think this would make Excal far better than where he is now and I think it fits his theme better. Also all abilities will synergize with each other which I think should be the point of Warframe abilities. Makes it hard to helmenth out any of his abilities.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

DE already has a buff/rework in the pipeline it sounds like its in the end stages now.

Yea I know just been out of the country for the last month and just found out about this. So I figured I throw my 2 cents in :)

• 3 weeks later...

You can simplify the use of 1 ability Dissecting Jerk:

-It is blown up to the target and strikes a wide blow, imposing on itself the attack speed for a short time.

-When holding, you can mark several goals and the final goal, for each marked goal (spent energy as Ash), the speed of jumps and strikes will increase.

I would also add waves to the Shining Spear 3 ability when activating the Majestic Blade 4 ability

Translated into English, thank you for understanding

Archived