Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] New Currency Denomination: Lotus Tsuho

holyicon

Oh god no! Not more pay-to-win OMFGWTFBBQGGFF!!!

Hold your horses there buck-o! It's not what you think ... unless it's what you think, then I'm scared because you are a mind reader!!! o.O;;

Also, I didn't really know what other section to put this so gameplay is generic enough ... I hope.

So what are Lotus Tsuho and how do they differ from Platinum? Take a walk with me my little snowflake and I shall inform thee.
Tsuho are the circulating coins or "treasure" (usually with Holes in them) and are indicative of the age they are produced. So, commemorating the Full Release of Warframe (er, well proposing this when the time is right) these would denote the Tenno observed "Age of the Lotus".

Lotus Tsuho:

- For every Platinum you spend you earn one Lotus Tsuho.
- Lotus Tsuho is spent in the following ways:
 * 5 Tsuho may be spent once per day to Re-roll a 3-Star Log-In Reward.
 * 5 Tsuho may be spent once per day to Re-roll a Void / Derelict Reward.
 * 5 Tsuho may be spent once per hour to Re-roll a Boss / Survival Reward.
 * 10 Tsuho may be spent once per hour in place of a Revive.

* 10 Tsuho may complete a Foundry Craft requiring 5 or fewer Platinum (10 Tsuho is always spent in this way).

* 150 Tsuho may be spent in place of Platinum when updating an already existing Clan Emblem Graphic.

* [Watch this Space, Additional uses for Tsuho may be added in The Future.]

- Players that have already spent Platinum will be awarded the correct number of Tsuho at the time of the patch.

- New items "Lotus Missive", "Lotus Missive II" and "Lotus Missive III" are added to the 3-Star Log-In Rewards table.

* A Lotus Missive is a key to a special Nightmare Void Mission of equivalent Tier.
 * Additional reward for successfully completing these missions are +5, +10 and +15 Lotus Tsuho based on Tier.

- Tsuho will never be purchased with credits or traded between players or accounts.

- Lotus Tsuho will never be upgradable to Platinum.

As always feel free to flame my ideas in part or as a whole.
Just keep in mind: (A) This post was not made to offend or claim the inferiority of those who would disagree (for any reason) with the ideas suggested, and (B) Please recognize the difference between disagreeing with an idea stated in the post and being disagreeable towards to individual suggesting those ideas.

Thank you for reading my post^^

Edit: After some confusion over the purpose and some discussion with Tenno (both in the threads below and in game chats), the following changes were made to the above:
- Lotus Petals renamed to "Lotus Tsuho" .
- Added a bit of meta-lore to the currency.
- The use of Tsuho concerning Platinum purchases is approached differently.

P.S. Also as an alternative to adding Tsuho, I'm open to the idea of simply adding these features as things you could spend normal platinum on, though at a cost adjusted from those listed above.
Additionally, sorry if for some of you this seems like a worse proposal than before, but I think this works out. The loss of being able to buy Boosts or Accelerate dojo construction with the then Petal, while nifty, is unnecessary and only served to caused some people to thrash around unconTROLLably.

Edited by holyicon

Lotus petals shouldn't be a premium currency. Its a great name that should be used for some other system.

I can dig it. Also, the letter "P" for both currency may become confusing for some player. But alas, I lack the alphabetical creativity to enumerate such options. Perhaps in the thread below fellow Tenno may offer an alternative moniker for said conundrum.

Personally I like the name - but it shouldn't be a premium currency. I guess if we had the "spend plat to get petals" system in place, it would be necessary to have a way to earn them in game. Maybe as event rewards or rare alerts.

E.g. Next event - Complete 100 of x task and receive new wraith and 100 lotus petals

Or something like that...

But really liking the name :D

Personally I like the name - but it shouldn't be a premium currency. I guess if we had the "spend plat to get petals" system in place, it would be necessary to have a way to earn them in game. Maybe as event rewards or rare alerts.

E.g. Next event - Complete 100 of x task and receive new wraith and 100 lotus petals

Or something like that...

But really liking the name :D

why is it ALWAYS Wraith weapons? Why does almost everyone I've seen talk about special weapons talk about Wraiths especially? What about Vandals?

No... can u imagine the players who already spent more than 5k plat before this currency ??? they wont be buying any plat again and wont be getting any new currency even if they spent more plat than u and me together... so No

First off, why wouldn't they be buying Platinum? it's not like petals could be spent to purchase Forma, Catalysts, Reactors, Materials, Skins, Colors or ... WEAPONS AND WARFRAMES.

Second, if someone HAS spent over 5k Plat, I think they have helped support the game. So what you're implying here is that DE should still ask player that's dropped 5k Plat to still buy more. There is an upper limit on what each player is can reasonably be expected to pay, and this has nothing to do with consumer agency or player vs player comparisons.

No! Just no..

You're just asking for a free plats like other players in a very "soft" way

Again, like before, how is this free plats?. Not that I feel like disclosing how much money I've dropped on this game so far, but I have NEVER spent plat on the things I've opened up to alt-pay.

Actually I feel like this would encourage more players that would be on the fence about buying more plat to do so, because of the added value. But what do I mean about added value? Oh that's more plats, right? Wrong.

Petals would be there to facilitate things called "Impulse buys" because from the perspective of the player, they have nothing else to spent them on, so why not? Also these things are evanescent, or basically, they're not buying a widget that they can utilize in perpetuity (like a Warframe, etc)

Then looking at it from spending Plat on the things the player wants, they can feel confident in that purchase because they know a part of that investment is protected in the supplementary currency.

And once they've spent out their available Platinum, there's less hesitation to buying more because they're less inclined to feeling ripped off.

You see guys, it's about CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. Yeah, that thing, in a Free-To-Play. I know, I'm speaking in heretical tongues here.

Put Flatly. Petals are NOT a substitute for what players are actually purchasing Platinum to acquire. In the long run, they are an encouragement to buy more.

that is a bad@$$ idea. I love how spending plat gets you the currency.

However, I think it shouldn't be usable for anything plat currently is. So no rushes, no revives (unless those are removed from plat purchase).

I wouldn't mind that change too much, though I'd want to add even more non-plat things petals could buy. Just a matter of brainstorming them.

Thanks for your input^^

I wouldn't mind that change too much, though I'd want to add even more non-plat things petals could buy. Just a matter of brainstorming them.

Thanks for your input^^

having said that...we need more things that plat can buy as well.

Many players like myself don't buy frames/gear with plat, only slots/forma/cats.

I want more cosmetics and cool visual/tweak options to purchase.

having said that...we need more things that plat can buy as well.

Many players like myself don't buy frames/gear with plat, only slots/forma/cats.

I want more cosmetics and cool visual/tweak options to purchase.

Indeed, and there are some cool new Frame skins to look forward to in U11.