Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Command mode in veilbreaker quest is confusing

enerhpozyks

Hi,

I thing this should go the the veilbreaker section but there is no subforum for this so this place seems to be better.

I just finished the new veilbreaker quest and I find the "command mode" of Khal really confusing to use, which lead me to die to many times during the mission.

I don't know if can word it correctly (not a native english speaker) but I'll try.

It's presented as a "mode" and act like it (you are slowed, the screen dim to orange, etc.) at the begining but everytime you take an action, the mode is deactivated (which is not something I expect for a "mode" with a UI this light) and the deactivation is not instant. So every time I give an order, the screen is still orange for a moment (let's say 1 sec, I did'nt count) so I have the reflex to press G again to stop it and return shooting. But if I do this, the mode is re-enabled AFTER getting 2 "animation" (disable order mode, enable order mode) so as I press, I though I was in gun mode so it change my order but I am, in fact stuck in order mode 3 sec without being able to evade/shoot in a middle of a fight.

I don't think this is good.

I think it can be better by either :

1. Have a shorter animation at the end or a more obvious way to tell us that the mode is ended
  2. End mode is manual, not automatic
  3. Block the possibility to enable the mode during the deactivation animation
  4. Do not use a "mode" at all for only 2 actions, this should act the same way as "place/remove marker"

The "long stuck" is not a problem IMHO, it's the slower grineer vibe, it should not be a tenno. It's really just that I find the presentation unclear and lead to mistakes.

Thank you for reading, I hope my english is not too broken,

Archived