Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bows Interaction With Puncture Mods

Malora_Sidewinder

The bows have an innate puncture mechanic, fine. My question is: What exactly is the VALUE of the puncture without any mods? Puncture as a mechanic is not true/false, such as "Flying" in Magic: the gathering. In MTG, a creature either has flying or it does not, there's no "amount of flying" a creature has. puncture however has a value, as well as a true or false state.

I read that paris prime (my weapon for this exercise) does benefit from puncture mods, but i can't be sure exactly how much benefit the bow manages to get from puncture mods. Is the innate puncture of the bows at a maximum value that cannot increase? This would mean the puncture mods would give no added benefit in way of puncture.

Or is the bow at a natural state of like, .5 puncture or something? is it different for each bow?

i'd love to have numbers here but cannot find any.

if you use shred in a bow, your arrow would always puncture a defined destination, where the normal puncture of the bow would only occur, if you kill the first enemy.because the puncture is done by the flying corpse Anne not the initial arrow

Edited by n8m4r3

Bows do not possess innate puncture. What you are thinking of is kills that happen when you kill an enemy, then its ragdoll collides with all the other enemies in the line. That is *technically* unlimited, but can be unreliable and requires a kill to activate. The damage dealt by the ragdoll is equal to the damage dealt by the killing blow, so if you shoot a grineer lancer for 100 damage, killing it, the corpse will fly back and hit all the enemies directly behind him for 100 damage. If it fails to kill an enemy, the corpse can fo no more damage.

Adding puncture by way of Shred means that the arrow itself will pierce the enemies. This means you can damage all the enemies in the line without achieving a kill. (Think charged Miter shots)

Hope this helps. 

Bows do not possess innate puncture. What you are thinking of is kills that happen when you kill an enemy, then its ragdoll collides with all the other enemies in the line. That is *technically* unlimited, but can be unreliable and requires a kill to activate. The damage dealt by the ragdoll is equal to the damage dealt by the killing blow, so if you shoot a grineer lancer for 100 damage, killing it, the corpse will fly back and hit all the enemies directly behind him for 100 damage. If it fails to kill an enemy, the corpse can fo no more damage.

Adding puncture by way of Shred means that the arrow itself will pierce the enemies. This means you can damage all the enemies in the line without achieving a kill. (Think charged Miter shots)

Hope this helps. 

It does, please update with wikia with a good breakdown of this if you would please.