Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Melee Targeting Bugged, Leap Slam Gap Closing Combos Don't Add Movement

Diezen

Targeting for melee weapons are all kinds of off when I came back to playing Warframe after a break. On top of the sliding around in random directions like Excalibur's Slash Dash while meleeing, this also seems to affect any melee combo with leaping gap closers. It seems to be whenever the melee decides to lock onto a random enemy, your movement gets locked into moving in a line and even stopping before you're close enough to hit the enemy.

• How can this bug be reproduced?
    • Using any melee stance with a leap gap closing combo, ie Gia's Tragedy for Fists and Cleaving Whirlwind for greatswords. Right click forward combos to activate, most of the time when enemies are nearby it'll bug out and not leap properly. Using the combo outside of combat (no enemies nearby) does the normal leap movement.
  • What was happening before the issue started?
    • Took a break, didn't play much until the recent update and noticed the movement being janky recently.
  • Can you provide your build and game settings?
    • PC, most melee settings default (melee targeting might be the issue?).
  • What kind of squad were you in? Solo, host, client?
    • Solo Host, noticed it happening as client too.

In mission fist melee bugging out, and Heavy Blade Cleaving Whirlwind in Sim.
Fist weapon (Gia's Tragedy) bugging out.

You can see the leaps 'sometimes' working and properly gap closing to enemies, but most of the time you see the bugged movement instead.

I'm also having this issue with every melee weapon's Block + Move Forward attack I've tried.

I have observed issues with the following weapons, stances & moves:

• Nami Skyla Prime (Crossing Snakes): Northern Coil
  • Nikana Prime (Blind Justice): Heeding Call
  • Tekko Prime (Gaia's Tragedy): Mountain's Rage
  • Hirudo (Brutal Tide): Rushing Fire
  • Guandao Prime (Shimmering Blight): Howling Gale

In all these cases, if I'm facing an enemy the forward momentum on the attack seems to be either missing or almost entirely zeroed out. The moves behave as expected when there is no enemy target.

In contrast, other quick melee attacks sometimes seem to have greatly increased momentum and tracking when there are enemies near the cursor. I've not noticed a lot of consistency in when melee attacks get the Slash Dash/Archmelee-like snapping behavior, except that it's never the Block + Move Forward attacks you expect to move you forward.

Archived