Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open world extraction

LoneLune

Lately I've been doing a few bounty runs in the Plains of Eidolon, Orb Vallis and Necralisk. I start a Bounty, complete it and then start the next one without resetting the Open World Instance (going back inside the respective cities). I have no problem with soloing these missions but I wanted to give other players the chance to tag along so I kept my lobbies open. The problem is the way extraction works when in a group. I've had quite a few instances over the last days where some trolls (or people who just don't know it better) join the instance (while I'm doing a bounty) and extract right away. They don't leave the squad, they extract. I am force-extracted together with them and the mission fails. All the mission rewards from completed bounties are kept (obviously), but since the open-world instance is 'failed', I loose all the enemy and resource drops over the course of my run. It's honestly been quite annoying.

I don't see why we can't just have the same extraction mechanism in open worlds as in other missions. The countdown hits 0 and the players standing in the extraction area are extracted and leave the squad while the other ones can continue playing. Or at least make sure that aborted bounties don't fail the whole mission and keep resources farmed before the start of the latest bounty.

I've always enjoyed being able to have other people join my games, a massive majority of them is friendly and if they want to extract after a bounty I have no problem in doing so. I have resigned to play my bounties in private / friends only instances for the time being.

Archived