Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SUGGESTION] Void Strike

eggyrulz

I would like to start this thread by stating I love the new void strike, I always felt like void strike wasn’t viable for my playstyle before Focus 3.0 as it would take way too long to charge playing solo. The new version feels way more satisfying to use and makes it much friendlier.

Now the change I am suggesting is giving void strike a more reactive cooldown, similar to how the heavy weapon launcher has a cooldown determined by how much it needs to actually recharge.

I’ll attach some numbers below, but as it is now void strike feels very situational in its usage, only really seeing much use in Tridolons and void angels (if someone has a use I’m unaware of, by all means tell me I’d love to know what I’m doing wrong).

Focus 3.0, as I understand it, aimed to make operator gameplay more tactical to give our warframes that little nudge right when we need it. I feel that void strike is close to being able to do that, but due to it having such a restrictive cooldown (and understandably so, considering the x11 damage boost it can give) it makes it hard to want to use it, in case something more dangerous comes along during the cooldown. 

What I would suggest is the cooldown remaining the same at 40 seconds, but reduce itself as the power of the void strike is reduced. At 80% power (800% damage boost) reduce the cooldown to 32 seconds, if I use VS at 10% power (perhaps accidentally while spamming contamination waves for that eternal eradicate activation) make the cooldown only 4 seconds (10% of 40). 

The reactive cooldown could either be added by simply changing VS itself, or DE could give us another focus node for us to farm for, cuz who doesn’t love a good grind? Or perhaps add the reactive cooldown to void fuel as a bonus effect.

Now, I know someone is going to come along and inevitably say “but, but, but, powercreep!”. However this reactive cooldown would not increase VS’s power at all, merely it’s utility and easy of use in normal gameplay. As for those numbers I mentioned earlier they would go as follows:

POWER

CURRENT DPS

REACTIVE DPS

100%

3x

3x

90%

2.8x

3x

80%

2.6x

3x

70%

2.4x

3x

60%

2.2x

3x

50%

2x

3x

40%

1.8x

3x

30%

1.6x

3x

20%

1.4x

3x

10%

1.2x

2x

*CDPS Based off of ((((Power% x 1000%)+1)x8)+32)/40

*RDPS Based off of ((((Power% x 1000%)+1)x8)+{{40xPower%}-8}})/{{40xPower%}-8}

As shown here the effect of VS would be far more consistent over power levels with a more reactive cooldown, as the time waiting to use again would effectively bring the DPS in line with the maximum power. The only parts that would drop in DPS are sub 20% power levels as their cooldown would be lower than the power duration, thus losing out on any gain the low cooldown could give.

Sorry for the walls of text, if you made it this far thanks for reading, and please feel free to rip my argument apart with better suggestions if you have any, though I will ignore any posts that don’t actually add anything to this discussion.

Archived