Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Fix

(PSN)Sin_KnightBlaxk

Chroma has needed some attention for a while, due to his kit being pushed into a constrained area. I believe it'd be easy to fix him by a few tweaks to the way his abilities work.

Spectral scream - Make it scale with vex armor properly (and hopefully swap elements during cast?)

Elemental ward - (Does this scale with vex armor buff?)

Vex Armor - Revert Vex Armor damage scaling type to previous iteration (not additive but multiplied), remove armor bonus and give flat damage reduction, remove damage taken requirement, reduce base cost, reduce base duration, and reduce base power. (Ultimately the goal is to keep him the simple bruiser warframe he is but not punishing an already deadly playstyle (i.e. Garuda rework).

I would recommend the higher end power strengths fall in line with some of the newer arcanes, in the belief that his old scaling type (hopefully similar to faction mod scaling) will result in a more consistent damage increase for his loadouts. But also most importantly reliably enhancing his other abilities, becoming the true dragon boy.

Effigy - Remove credit bonus (give my boy some respect please lol), remove armor reduction, increase initial damage, increase initial stun, remove sentry mode entirely, increase base cost, increase base range, guaranteed elemental proc.

The goal of this change is to give chroma a large aoe crowd control ability that scales with his Vex Armor bonus, this allows Chroma consistent and reliable cc in the face of hordes of enemies, and a set up for other elemental synergies. 

All of the changes are in the hopes that Chroma can fit the image he portrayed on first sight and discovery, a deadly elemental dragon frame. It's hard to feel deadly when your only hope for okay damage is risking your life, and superbly sad to play an Elemental Dragon Frame and the Elemental Dragon part be missing nearly entirely in terms of functionality. 

I also hope I don't sound like I'm whining, but if the community has been saying the same thing for a while, I figured why not offer some thought. I do believe my opinions are based on sound judgment of the game and its current mechanics but would like to know why, if anything a change like this wouldn't be plausible. 

Thank you for your time, sincerely a long time dragon Tenno. 

Archived