Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You know, there really should be Feral Kavats roaming the Plains of Eidolon during the day

Darthplagueis13

I mean, think about it. Every night, you can find dozends of Vasca-infected Kavats on the plains, they are by far the most common sort of wildlife. Most of the Vascas are also still in the Ostia stage of the infection, meaning that they were only infected somewhat recently because otherwise they would have progressed to Bau or Nephil Vasca.

This implies to me that there has got to be a rather sizeable population of Feral Kavats on the Plains and since the rate at which we see new Ostia Vascas show up isn't going down, that would imply that the Feral Kavat population is still going strong and not overly diminished by the Vasca.

Several voicelines from Master Teasonai also imply that Kavats are not normally nocturnal but that this behavior is instead caused by the Vasca virus ("Your time in the sunless lands are at an end, my anguished friend" "I will bring them back to themselves. I swear. They will love the sun once more") so any encounters with regular feral Kavats would be more likely during the day.

So why aren't we seeing any? Sure, they can turn invisible and would be somewhat hard to spot, but they still should be there.

Archived