Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna open world/bounties has some problems

Kersakof

I've been trying to get level 5 fortuna for a bit since I want to get the frames that Little Duck sells, but I've ran into issues. I'd what I'd consider a middling player, I have steel path unlocked but not a lot of primed mods. However, Fortuna like Cetus has been left in the dust and could use some touching up.

Fortuna leveling up reputation with bonds is just awful. Instead of a time gate it's RNG gated. Right now one of the primary ways to get medical bonds is to start a bounty and abandon it because it's the most guaranteed way to get medical bonds. Bounties at a minimum should reward 2 bonds. Not RNG of 20%, not 12.5%, 100% 2 bonds at the minimum. And like Cetus you should be able to repeat them. If you refuse to do this, my other solution is the ticker always has 1 of each bond type in stock for the people you help out of debt. It's frustrating to abuse a game mechanic because RNG doesn't give me enough medical bonds to progress.

Two, Fortuna bounties kinda suck right now. Wisp motes don't work on objectives, or canisters for thermia fractures. I imagine other frames have abilities that don't interact with them either. Please fix this. In my medical bond grind, I had a drone I was supposed to protect 3 shot by a passing by coil driver. My only way to have stopped this is to kill it before it has a chance to shoot. I can't protect the drone with my abilities, so all I can do is kill things instantly with a necramech, or have a vastly overleveled frame/gun. New players do not have access to these things, and will leave Fortuna behind if things like this keep happening.

On top of this, Excavators in multiplayer or if there's more than one always fails the extra objective. The last extractor always kills itself. I've checked after it happened 3-4 times now. It still had shields, it wasn't like something each time one shot it because no one was paying attention.

There would be other things I'd like, like if you're going to put Profit Taker on the Nightwave at least let players that don't have it unlocked join those that do, but I'd like someone to give Fortuna some QoL at the very least. I don't want to cheese a bounty that's easy to do just so I can get my rep up. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, (XBOX)Zed Krule said:

Same for Gyromag systems what bounties offer those?

If you're not maxed out on Solaris United you do not have access to Gyromags period. You need access to the backroom with Little Duck and to be able to do Profit-Taker Bounties which you cannot do at this time. 

Yeah I find the Medical Debt Bonds particularly frustrating, the others seem to be weirdly okay - like I don't seem to have any trouble getting advanced bonds / familiar bonds at all. Medical Bonds are advertised as a Common / Bronze Reward but the loot pool is ridiculous. I've done 4(?) back-to-back bounties just as a quick run to illustrate the point here. Take a look below, and yes I am aware 4 runs is nothing but I can assure you I've done significantly more than 4 runs to get this far (I'm R4 standing with SU). 4 runs = 4x4 chances to get medical debt bonds in amongst the rest of the loot pool.

The credits reward I might have messed up I wasn't taking much notice so take what I say with a pinch of salt, please.

I honestly have better luck farming the Zariman rare rewards than I do getting medical bonds and to say this pretty much gatekeeps your progress with the faction, I feel like this needs looking at a lot more closely because it really is just a tedious RNG gate in my opinion and in no way engaging whatsoever (I'm not shy to a good resource grind). Put it this way, I can fill up my daily standing faster than I can getting even half the amount of required medical bonds without using Ticker.

image.png?width=996&height=676

So that's 6 Common Rewards, 8 Uncommon Rewards and 1 Rare Reward. Not one single debt bond out of 16 chances for a "common" reward (I'm aware I'm 1 short, I think this could be credits (uncommon) but I'm not 100% sure) - it instead picks out the others multiple times over from the common reward pool. (Obviously, this is just for this small test, the actual number of attempts is far greater and the concept remains the same)

I feel like having a system in place to check if you've already had a certain reward multiple times over from the same pool it should take this into consideration (kinda' like a reward weight system) and then potentially look at pushing you towards other rewards within that same pool.

Weirdly though, as I say, I've not had any trouble with any of the other bonds, nor did I have any trouble with ranking up on Cetus or Zariman whatsoever. This is the only "free-roam" faction that just really sucks to be brutally honest. Maybe I just got lucky with the others though, who knows.

Anyway, that's my 10 cents.

EDIT - Just did another test to make it 5 (why not).

Just got: Endo (Common) | Credits (Uncommon) | Aya (Uncommon) | Garuda Optics (Uncommon)... so 4 sets of Endo, 4 pairs of optics, more credits and 3 bits of Aya.

39 minutes ago, Warda said:

Yeah I find the Medical Debt Bonds particularly frustrating, the others seem to be weirdly okay - like I don't seem to have any trouble getting advanced bonds / familiar bonds at all. Medical Bonds are advertised as a Common / Bronze Reward but the loot pool is ridiculous. I've done 4(?) back-to-back bounties just as a quick run to illustrate the point here. Take a look below, and yes I am aware 4 runs is nothing but I can assure you I've done significantly more than 4 runs to get this far (I'm R4 standing with SU). 4 runs = 4x4 chances to get medical debt bonds in amongst the rest of the loot pool.

Unfortunately, the terms DE uses for describing bounty rewards is misleading (this is an issues for all the open world bounties) - Common is used for items that in the first phases of the bounties, rather than actual drop chance, Uncommon for items that drop from the seconds stage onward, and Rare for drops from the last stage (and bonus).

Medical debt bonds can only drop from phases 1-3 (and never in phase 4), which is why it's described as common, but it if you look at the actual drop table data, it's the rarest or joint rarest drop for the stages it drops from (varying from 20% to 12.5%, depending on stage).   Uncommon rewards tend to dominate the rewards you get from bounties, because they drop in as many stages as common items, but can also be rolled for the bonus reward for completing all the extra goals. This is also one of the reasons you'll see players abort a bounty after doing the first stage - if you're aiming for a common drop, it's faster to abort and redo the first stage (although that's an awfully boring way to play, IMO) than to complete the bounty.

Advance and Familial debt bond have similar issues, but because of the extra stage in those bounties, you get one more roll on the tables for them, and you also don't need as many to advance. 

1 hour ago, drnlmza said:

Unfortunately, the terms DE uses for describing bounty rewards is misleading (this is an issues for all the open world bounties) - Common is used for items that in the first phases of the bounties, rather than actual drop chance, Uncommon for items that drop from the seconds stage onward, and Rare for drops from the last stage (and bonus).

Medical debt bonds can only drop from phases 1-3 (and never in phase 4), which is why it's described as common, but it if you look at the actual drop table data, it's the rarest or joint rarest drop for the stages it drops from (varying from 20% to 12.5%, depending on stage).   Uncommon rewards tend to dominate the rewards you get from bounties, because they drop in as many stages as common items, but can also be rolled for the bonus reward for completing all the extra goals. This is also one of the reasons you'll see players abort a bounty after doing the first stage - if you're aiming for a common drop, it's faster to abort and redo the first stage (although that's an awfully boring way to play, IMO) than to complete the bounty.

Advance and Familial debt bond have similar issues, but because of the extra stage in those bounties, you get one more roll on the tables for them, and you also don't need as many to advance. 

Ahh, that's really helpful. Good to know and it makes sense. Thanks for clearing that one up.

• 2 weeks later...
Le 14/12/2022 à 15:22, Warda a dit :

The credits reward I might have messed up I wasn't taking much notice so take what I say with a pinch of salt, please.

I honestly have better luck farming the Zariman rare rewards than I do getting medical bonds and to say this pretty much gatekeeps your progress with the faction, I feel like this needs looking at a lot more closely because it really is just a tedious RNG gate in my opinion and in no way engaging whatsoever (I'm not shy to a good resource grind). Put it this way, I can fill up my daily standing faster than I can getting even half the amount of required medical bonds without using Ticker.

image.png?width=996&height=676

So that's 6 Common Rewards, 8 Uncommon Rewards and 1 Rare Reward. Not one single debt bond out of 16 chances for a "common" reward (I'm aware I'm 1 short, I think this could be credits (uncommon) but I'm not 100% sure) - it instead picks out the others multiple times over from the common reward pool. (Obviously, this is just for this small test, the actual number of attempts is far greater and the concept remains the same)

I feel like having a system in place to check if you've already had a certain reward multiple times over from the same pool it should take this into consideration (kinda' like a reward weight system) and then potentially look at pushing you towards other rewards within that same pool.

Weirdly though, as I say, I've not had any trouble with any of the other bonds, nor did I have any trouble with ranking up on Cetus or Zariman whatsoever. This is the only "free-roam" faction that just really sucks to be brutally honest. Maybe I just got lucky with the others though, who knows.

Anyway, that's my 10 cents.

EDIT - Just did another test to make it 5 (why not).

Just got: Endo (Common) | Credits (Uncommon) | Aya (Uncommon) | Garuda Optics (Uncommon)... so 4 sets of Endo, 4 pairs of optics, more credits and 3 bits of Aya.

medical debts can only pop on the 1st stage of the bounty , so you should keep doing those it will save you a hell lot of time

Archived