Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Torid Seems Borked Again

Fundance

So with the new damage update, the Torid seems to have broken again. The new damage effects don't seem to apply to the poison clouds. I'm seeing two damage numbers popping up per tick, even though I have it modded with serration, gas, and magnetism effects thanks to a previous rainbow build.

Now, I've been testing Gas effects with my embolist, and when the gas cloud procs, you're able to tell because a little skull appears next to the damage number. Torid gets none of that. I don't know what's going on, but with a 10% proc rate you would think that after extensive testing I'd see at least one proc.

Please DE, without ice mods working the way they used to, this weapon is in a very shaky spot as it is. It doesn't need to be functionally broken on top of that. I've also noticed that the torid seems to break almost every major patch since it was last working as intended. Perhaps the weapon itself is in need of a slight quality control?

Edited by Fundance

Seems most likely that the cloud no longer gets a proc, which is a massive oversight considering how much experience (and problems) DE has had with this weapon in the past. It's pretty much always needed elemental mods to work with the clouds in order to be any kind of useful.

Edited by Fundance

If the clouds aren't ticking and the weapon as an inate toxic damage, try to make a post (with a video possibly) in the bugs section =). I haven't used it enough to confirm...

The Acrid itself isn't supposed to be the God it was since it's very specific weapon damage, I think that all you'll get here are cry posts to bring that state back.

If the clouds aren't ticking and the weapon as an inate toxic damage, try to make a post (with a video possibly) in the bugs section =). I haven't used it enough to confirm...

The Acrid itself isn't supposed to be the God it was since it's very specific weapon damage, I think that all you'll get here are cry posts to bring that state back.

We're not talking about the acrid here, we're talking about the torid, which has rarely been considered an OP weapon. A very good weapon, but nobody complains about the torid the same way they do about the acrid, and as a long time torid main, I can say with 100% certainty that something is very, very wrong with it right now.

I have an Acrid and a Torid.

Even after the changes to Acrid (11.0.7) I can use this weapon effectively even without having Forma'd it.

The Torid on the other hand...
587.5 Gas Damage
423.0 Magnetic Damage.
(Before Split chamber, Before Forma, Rank 26)

Oh to be sure, anything that I hit directly gets annihilated

but the cloud it leaves behind isn't even strong enough to kill a Corpus Camera. 26 Magnetic + 2 Viral damage per tic.

So basically the Torid is now what we call a "Slug Thrower".
Changing it role from choke point suppression to the world's least accurate sniper rifle.
Which is especially daunting when you consider how bizarre the exit point is on the weapon when aiming up or down.

I was really hoping the split between slug and could was shifted more in the cloud's favor.
It's not a completely unusable weapon. it can really beat people up if you hit them
IF you HIT them.
I don't dislike it, I just never expected to have a weapon like this in my arsenal.