Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being downed while Death Knell buff active makes the buff not proc on Knell (Prime) on headshots after reviving.

Markov

• How can this bug be reproduced?
    • Land a headshot on an enemy to proc the Death Knell buff on Knell (Prime), then be downed before its duration expires. After reviving, landing a headshot does not proc the buff, but instead the weapon reloads as if you did not land a headshot.
  • What was happening before the issue started?
    • Landing a headshot on an enemy with Knell Prime and being downed before its duration expired.
  • Can you provide your build and game settings?
    • This bug is not specific to any build or game settings.
  • What kind of squad were you in? Solo, host, client?
    • I personally most commonly experience this as host of a squad of two or more, but it also occurs when solo or a client.
  • Can you share any images or a video of the bug?
    • You can see the bug clearly demonstrated here: https://streamable.com/fkdx8z

I was downed just after breaking the last limb of the Hydrolyst about 1 second into the clip. The Death Knell buff icon can be seen in the bottom of the two rows of buff icons in the upper-right of the UI second from the left - to the right of the "120%" Arcane Velocity buff and to the left of the "40%" Twitch and Reflex Draw buffs.

After reviving, I shot the Hydrolyst's with Knell Prime to proc the Death Knell buff for the capshot, and a 0 damage number clearly shows that a headshot was landed, but the buff did not proc, and the weapon instead reloaded as though I had not landed a headshot.

A similar bug was addressed in Hotfix 31.0.6 (2022-01-04) - "Fixed the Knells unlimited ammo not functioning after you've Transferred to the Operator," but a year later this bug is still present, as it has been since July 2021 (to the best of my knowledge). It is not game-breaking, but prevents one from effectively using the weapon when it occurs, and clearly is not intended behaviour.

Archived