Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Temporal Relic Mission

SoulCancer86

This will be a GREAT way to bring back previous missions and events that need a reason to make a come back, Scarlet Spear for example, as well as adding more content to The New War.

The Temporal Relics are like regular relics, but instead of opening the relic to receive loot, you receive a Temporal Key that lets you travel back in time and perform old missions like Scarlet Spear, The New War (I know they let us do it now, but this would be a story accurate way to redo it), as well as create new missions where you can play as Tenno, Dax, Grenier, or Corpus as they fight the New War. 

Because it's a Temporal Key, it wouldn't need to be a big quest or story, it's just a portal that throws you back in time to that specific event, then once the Key is done, you teleport back to the present. This would allow DE to create as many one off and completely different types of missions they want without having to be held to a quest/story line.

Void storm has entered the chat.

Its purpose was to extend the playtime of Railjack which was originally a dead gamemode before railjack revisited. 

Orphix has entered the chat, and then left upon seeing the drop rates.

I can go on, like narmer missions as another example. 

I think there are loads of other missions they can use this sort of treatment of using them for content so that everyone can enjoy and not making them time-exclusive but you don't want to go overboard,  I don't think people would like playing summer days over and over or Kahl missions over and over.  

This wouldn't be just old missions, that would be a part of it, the main part of this would be to "replay" events that happened during that large gap of when the sentients came, and the big time jump. Things that DE just jumped over.

What I meant was that DE can make one off missions that happened during the New War that you can play without having to make a huge quest update. There would definitely be old missions that you can run (probably the easy keys to get), but again, you don't have to run them, you get the key to them. 

So, you want to "replay" one of Dax's missions during that multiyear gap when he went to Jupiter to stop something from happening? Get the temporal relic, open it to get the Temporal Key for that specific time, and use transference to jump back in time and play that mission.

Or, it was one of those times when you had Warframe installed, but didnt play for a few months and missed some timed event, you can get the temporal Key for that and replay it. Maybe not get the same loot or something to keep the hype up for playing it when it comes out. But I'd like to have played Scarlet Spear but missed it because I was in one of those "not playing Warframe for a while" moods that everyone gets into from time to time.

Archived