Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss Idea-The Vulture (Complete With Concept Art!)

Madotsuki

So. We have 4-legged robot proxies. We have a crewman. And we even have a Moa. But why doesn't the Corpus have an Osprey boss? I mean, the Grineer already have bosses of light, medium and heavy units, and the Infested has a boss for both the Ancient and the Charger. I feel the Corpus needs to have a boss based on the Osprey, and here is my idea for it.

vultureb.jpg

Note that this is just a really quick rough drawing, without any kind of reference to use since i made the sketch at school ._. So the proportions are a bit off, not a lot of details etc. I do know that normal Ospreys have only 1 pair of wings, and i do intend for this boss to have 2, not only for more attacks but also because it looks AWESOME. A flying boss would also be perfect for an outdoors arena, considering the devs mentioned missions where you actually go down to a planet with outdoor sections.

So, what do you guys think? :o Also hoping the devs at least see this and may be inspired by it for an actual Osprey boss ._.

Osprey boss is neat. Should be some way to restore ammo (like in Jackal's room) or a way to knockdown him (a thought about using his own grenades and a Fragor had slipped into my mind, lol...)

The ammo restores should be a constant in most boss fights IMO :/ Kinda unfair that for some of the tougher bosses you're more likely to lose from running out of ammo than actually due to being careless, especially if you're using lower level guns. Oh the horrors of my first fight with the Hyena >_> Also, grenade baseball sounds awesome XD

Nice idea you go there

xD tho your boss looks like a giant bee hehe

Thanks :D Yes it kinda looks like a bee, probably due to the colors XD

Guided missles? As far as I recall the guided missles from Hyena OHKO my mag..

Nonetheless it seems really cool though!

Yes the guided missiles from Hyena are quite OP (400 damage per missile), which is why for the Vulture, the missile hatches will open for a second before firing to give you time to start running for cover, and the missiles can also be shot down. I think that should balance it :P

Cool idea!

It has a lot of weapon systems to watch out for though.

Also, what happens if you shoot out the eye?

The eye is supposed to be the unarmored weakpoint, kinda like the head for Grineers. It's not supposed to be shot out, though i originally had an idea of having the eye laser and ion cannon charged with shock damage when the shield generator is up, and charged with fire damage when it's down, though that seems too complicated :/

Very nice concept. Maybe a bit too much damage though.

Well it's supposed to be an endgame boss, i'm going on the assumption that players at this point have at least 400 shields and 400 hp, as well as decent armor, Gorgons and Heks. And the missiles and ion cannon have fair warning before launch to give players a chance to dodge. Yes the quad miniguns seem rediculous, but remember that it's a flying boss, so distance between it and the player are relatively long, and also miniguns are relatively inaccurate. Glad you like it though :)

impressive ...

Does that mean we will hear about it in your fan fiction????

What fan fiction?? :o And also here i'll declare right now anyone can use the Vulture in their warframe fanfics and fanart at will, just give me a little credit for it ;)

What fan fiction?? :o And also here i'll declare right now anyone can use the Vulture in their warframe fanfics and fanart at will, just give me a little credit for it ;)

Sorry for the confusion. I was refering to the book that AlexanderTF is currently writing. He has a good way of incorporating a lot of peoples' concepts into his fan fiction (although sometimes it is not how the artist/creator originally invisioned, but nonetheless entertaining).

• 4 weeks later...

His boss room could be a large hangar with 3 vultures each side all shut down and folded up, 5 a in maitinence though. The cinematic could show you walking past some of the of the vultures, when he wakes up and boom fight start. Plus the hangar door could open periodically pulling everyone closer to the cold of space, and if your too close after the short alarm sound you get sucked out. Plus the vulture could fly outside while the door is open and use his mini guns a little more excessively.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the idea. But i'm not sure about the invunerable shield while generator is active. I mean, I think it would work better if it were like the Jackal and you had to shoot it's wings or something to bring him down along with his shield.

But still the idea is great!

Loved the idea. But i'm not sure about the invunerable shield while generator is active. I mean, I think it would work better if it were like the Jackal and you had to shoot it's wings or something to bring him down along with his shield.

But still the idea is great!

It's mostly because pounding on a helpless Jackal felt....boring. With good enough good gear i could easily stunlock the poor thing. Having the Vulture still fully active but damageable while its shields are down would get rid of any stunlock problems.