Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Detailed major suggestions that would make the companion app infinitely more useful and a proper tool for warframe players.

Currently, I dont think the companion app is very useful at all. It's great for checking news, activies, and using the foundry, but that's really all that it offers. Here are some suggestions to change that and make the app an extremely useful tool that every player will use and love. This is mostly targeted towards systems other than PC, since PC is blessed with Alecaframe. 

These are in no particular order

First off, and I'm sure there are some backend issues that prevent this being simple since its been years with no change to this, but the ability to log into the app and game at the same time.

2: Inventory screen rework, specifically prime parts. A section for prime sets could be added, quickly and easily sorting the inventory into full sets of primes you may have along with sets that are missing a piece or two. This category could then be sorted by different options, such as name, completion etc. For example: sorting by completion could show you that you have a complete Saryn set, then a Loki set missing one piece. The UI for the sets could tell you which frames are vaulted, and could have the parts under the name to show that loki is missing the blueprint, it could also tell you how many of duplicates of each part you have by displaying the number of parts under the image of the part. Clicking this entry could bring you to a screen that again shows you the parts, but also the relics that drop said part. The relics you do not have could be written in red text, whilst the relics you do have would be green. From there, you could add that part to your "tracking list" to refer to later and remind you of what parts and relics you need. 

These changes would make it 100x easier to quickly figure out which frames you have sets of, which frames you are nearing completion to, and would streamline the process of figuring out how you can get the part you are missing.

3• Relic screen change. I am a returning player, and because of that I have hundreds of vaulted relics. I dont want to accidentally use an expensive vaulted relic while just farming void traces, so I thought of this simple change. Add the ability to sort all relics by vaulted or unvaulted. This sorting could be applied to specific eras like Lith, Meso, or to all of your relics at once. Furthermore, certain relics could be favorited by the user. 

It would also be amazing to have a system where you can search for x part and it will tell you which relic drops it, then again, you could add it to your "tracking list" which I mentioned above.

4• Arsenal Changes. Right now, the arsenal system has no utility and only provides simple information. Giving players the ability to edit loadouts in the app would be very useful, especially if you could edit then while logged into the game and have everything sync. The UI could be reworked to show the mods similarly to how the game shows the mods instead of in the list system the app currently uses. 

5•Tracking List. Expanding on my tracking list suggestions from above, this system could be directly interacted with by the user to serve as a notes/reminder section. For example, the inventory system rework tracking list suggestion could include that you need Khora BP and would show you that you have a relic that drops it, and under that you could put a note that your friend wanted to play at 6pm, or that you need to farm Vitus Essence or X Mod. This entire tracking list system could be synchronized with Warframe and added to the UI, possibly as a low opacity element on the main HUD. 

6•Features stolen from Alecaframe.  Relic Planner, Set Manager. The ability to create WFM listings like alecaframe would be amazing for people that dont play on PC, and Relic Manager is just a great idea in general.

Thank you for reading. If these changes or even some of them were implemented to the Warframe Companion App, I am sure that exponentially more players would use and enjoy it. 

Archived