Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Public Railjack - Allow our NPC crew to share the ship with players

We know a lot of players hate Railjack. Also, a lot of them do not even know (or care) how to pilot/shoot while tagging along in a public mission. All they really want is for things to be done quick so they can start the main event inside the galleon ships waiting out there.

Sad thing is: 99% of the time I'll play RJ solo because I am aware my NPC crew works flawlessly doing their part. Love it. Huge fan. Unfortunately, when joining a public mission it basically fells like falling into a madhouse, as people won't even aim right or handle the Forward Artillery against enemies (not to mention leaving their posts to fly out into space and dying out there). Its so frustrating to go public when you KNOW you'd do well on your own.

My suggestion here, as a big RJ admirer and player, would be adding a simple on/off toggle button right on the Plexus menu, maybe near the mod section, giving us the OPTION wether to allow players to join alongside your NPC crew or just do it the traditional way: have the RJ mission swap the NPCs entirely as its done nowadays. If a random player still feels like gunning, simply activate the NPC seat and swap places with it. I believe it wouldn't hurt the game experience having newcomers waiting a brief moment till my crew took care of business, giving them the chance of entering the enemy ship and starting the main event (Survivals, Defenses, etc). 

Not to mention an option like that would really make you feel as a RJ captain, as it would really give you the power to decide wether the NPC crew should stand down or aid everyone in a public match.

Archived