The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Oh God The Framerate

Bionitech

So it seems to have gone from 15-10 frames down all the way to 5 fps...the exact opposite of what I wanted it to do.

Multi-threaded rendering wasn't our solution to your problem, we were just trying to make sure you had it enabled.  So you probably had it enabled before and just disabled it now, hence the performance decrease.  Please take a look through this thread and read carefully again.  There are a bunch of other settings that you should try adjusting.  Things like Texture memory and shadow quality are also available to tweak.

Good luck.

Ignore those who say this I have an Asus and there is not a game on this earth I cannot play at full graphics just fine

LOL.  This guys just said laptops are awesome he's agreeing with you, or actually you're agreeing with him.

[...]

So explain to me like I'm 5. What is multithreading, and how can I turn it off? 

Multithreading, if you have a processor with multiple cores (you should in this day and age anyway), in layman's terms, this will help Warframe see and utilize the other cores instead of trying to use only one. This SHOULD improve performance dramatically. Before, I'd get about 20FPS (frames per second - more is better) and now I get roughly 50+ depending on whether or not I am the host in that particular drop. Granted, a lot of FPS will have to do with your graphics card, but this is what my experience was with it. I have an AMD 955 Phenon II (4 Cores) CPU at stock speeds with a GTX550Ti graphics card. This is a lower-mid range video card at the time of this posting, but I still get excellent performance out of this game.

Regardless, I have heard of some people having an issue with it turned on. This patch has changed it so that it is turned on by default. If your machine was running Warframe better before this update, try turning it off.

Direct X, briefly, is a set of code used to handle multimedia stuff in a Windows environment like games, video, and audio. The newest iteration, DX11, is still very new, and can cause problems. It certainly causes more crashes and slowdown for me, so I leave it off for Warframe.

You mentioned you wanted to crack open a few webpages to learn more about computers. Just remember that this is the internet and not everything you read will be correct. Newegg has some fairly informative videos on how to build a PC that may help you out and I would also recommend Tom's Hardware.

Take care and good luck.

I've never had this problem, and yet 10 fps is maintained 3 min after logging in and doing missions. 3 minutes prior everything is honky dory.

And I've tried turning off dirextX11, nothing. I tried turning off multithreading and it only brought down my framerate. 

I don't understand how I can fix this without having to downgrade the quality of the game, because I was doing fine a few months prior. 

Edited by Bionitech

And somehow we can do better? After the usual simple troubleshooting like the DX11 and multithreaded things, what can we tell him to do?

The support guys can look at game logs or stuff we can't look at. If they choose the easy way and leave him in the dark, shame on them.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

And somehow we can do better?

They can look at logs or stuff we can't look at. If they choose the easy way, shame on them.

unless they grab info from our computers like origin does they have no log to verify and help us, we can do better because we have more time, the support has hundreds of tickets that they have to answer to, and if they bother to help a person to the end they will solve less tickets.. and then the boss will come to them asking if they sleep at work

newsflash, the game generates log files on your computer. Yeah. Mind blowing isn't it?

look in C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Local\Warframe (appdata is a hidden folder, so be sure to enable the option about seeing hidden folders from Folder Options)

For example the famous EE.log which is the last mission log with tons of stuff in it. They usually ask you to upload it in the tickets, but there are other log files around (I saw them with these eyes) for the launcher and other stuff I couldn't identify.

They also ask for the dxdiag which is (a very basic) windows diagnostic log to get a general idea about what hardware you have and what is going on at the driver level.

If the game is bugging for him (which is what is happening here), the logs are more likely to help than general advice.

Can you please explain why you assume everyone at tech support must be an A****** like the bots answering tickets for TSR (d&d and Magic the Gathering) and EA games? Did DE tech support eat your kittens in the past?

Because it's been a recurring issue, it seems to be the game and not us.

I've come to the conclusion that DE actually @#$%ed over a lot of capable gaming systems with their overhauls and overwhelming amount of content that isn't remotely optimized for performance. I can barely run the game and it's sapping over 90% of the CPU for no good reason at all. And I have a pretty decent gaming laptop that can actually run some of the more demanding games out there. 

I mean look at this:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M

12 GB RAM

i7-Core Processor (2.2 GHz - 3.0 GHz overclocked)

This is supposed to be able to run the game without much difficulty, and yet there I was, sitting around getting my &amp;#&#33; shot at 10 FPS. 

I could play ANY OTHER GAME just fine!

Except Warframe. Never have I come across a game where a single update completely cripples my ability to play the game. It's utterly unheard of. 

Their "fixes" cause more problems than they can solve it seems. 

I've never had this problem, and yet 10 fps is maintained 3 min after logging in and doing missions. 3 minutes prior everything is honky dory.

Sounds like a thermal issue if the problem manifests after a period of time. Wouldn't be very surprising in a laptop.

I mean look at this:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M

12 GB RAM

i7-Core Processor (2.2 GHz - 3.0 GHz overclocked)

Yeah... revert your CPU overclock, it isn't necessary and produces extra heat that's probably being dissipated by the same fan and heatsink your GPU is attached to. You can't reasonably overclock with a laptop; the cooling solutions provided in such a confined space are barely adequate for stock specifications.

In addition, I'd suggest disabling DX11, 64-bit mode, and Nvidia PhysX in the launcher. Re-enable options one at a time until you find what's ruining your performance.

Also, double check your drivers, and as above, remove the cpu overclock on your laptop. Chances are it could be overheating and the cpu is throttling its own speed just to stay alive. If you have an i7 chip, then ensure multi-threading is enabled, it grants a decent fps increase and should be used whenever there is more than one core available.

Try disabling 64bit mode and see if that helps, and do the same with dx11. I currently have 64bit disabled as it gives me flashing blue lines across the screen, which never happened bbefore about update 10, and my pc should be able to handle anything g thrown at it.

I would like to point out, even though it shouldn't matter incredibly, that the 560m graphics chip is of older design. If possible you could also try lowering the options in the game itself to see what happens. Try turning off anti-aliasing as that does chew up a lot of processing power from the gpu/cpu

There seems to be a lot of people here who have no idea what the deal is and tried to help without actually knowing the pc specs. Gotta love those internet geniuses hey?

There seems to be a lot of people here who have no idea what the deal is and tried to help without actually knowing the pc specs. Gotta love those internet geniuses hey?

yeah, i love them too... especially those who don't read what OP says, he stated that a few months ago he could play the game decently but now it is unplayable, we were discussing about sudden performance drop in here, we aren't wondering like idiots why he can't run the game

but i guess we are arguing pointlesly since the op hasan't checked this thread for quite a whille, his last reply was saying that everything is smoother after clearing registries

Edited by Hatr

Their "fixes" cause more problems than they can solve it seems. 

Open a support ticket, so they can investigate the issue and possibly fix it with a patch. This game is beta, we are their testing bench, we are supposed to report them any issue we find so they can fix it.

but i guess we are arguing pointlesly since the op hasan't checked this thread for quite a whille, his last reply was saying that everything is smoother after clearing registries

He posted again just after my previous post.