Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Codex Scanner

Ethice

The Codex Scanner is a great addition to the game as it adds an element that makes stealthing levels more rewarding. Seeing as it allows a user to see targets through various solid ostacles It's very useful for identifying a target's exact position and orientation that a user would otherwise be unable to see. That is why I think scanned targets should continue to be shown through the scanner in blue, signifying they have already been scanned. That way you can scan targets without losing them from the scanner's scanning readout, giving you more of an advantage in your stealth.

I'd like this, as well as the ability to translate Grineer and Corpus text as it appears on-screen :D

Most Textures with Grineer and Corpus writing are flat planes, it could be possible to add a property to planes for the codex translation such that, when your codex hovers over such a texture, a translation appears on-screen. That being said, there are other art assets that have text incorporated, so I dunno. Maybe they could implement transparent planes with a translation directly into the assets before they're generated as part of the level.

Example:

5pYfS.jpg

Edited by Azure_Kyte

I'd like this, as well as the ability to translate Grineer and Corpus text as it appears on-screen :D

Most Textures with Grineer and Corpus writing are flat planes, it could be possible to add a property to planes for the codex translation such that, when your codex hovers over such a texture, a translation appears on-screen. That being said, there are other art assets that have text incorporated, so I dunno. Maybe they could implement transparent planes with a translation directly into the assets before they're generated as part of the level.

That would be a nice addition as well.

Edited by Ethice