Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Obstacle Course

RianaFelblade

So, I'll preface this by saying that I genuinely find the most enjoyment in this game through the movement system. The obstacle course is what makes me want to log in every so many months, just to set a new Clan record and challenge my friends to beat it. Warframe's gameplay loop is fine, the customization is awesome, the purchasable stuff is fine. I just really only enjoy the parkour. Movement. Obstacle courses.

Herein lies my complaint:

Stop "fixing" the obstacle course with invisible walls, and instead use empty space or impassable walls to block routes.

There is nothing more frustrating than trying a slightly different angle in the obstacle course only to encounter, "Nope, get sent back to the last checkpoint you weirdo, how dare you try something new." There's like, idk, a couple dozen of us who enjoy speed-running the room for the endorphins, but like, holy S#&$ do those invisible wall resets just take me the #*!% out of the mood.

So, ultimately, my suggestions to fix this are thus:

1) Space out the room more, thus eliminating the need for invisible walls. It's less frustrating to die to a jump that doesn't make it than it is to die to some random "you can't go past this point" barrier

or

2) Use physical walls to block off where you don't want us to go. I'd far rather have to find new ways to utilize obstacles than just, again, die to some random death line in the void.

Anywho, that's my piece. I look forward to getting flamed for irrelevance in the replies. Bye :3

I definitely do that already, but the old OC has just been a constant that we could always come back to. I think part of me is also just sad to see something my friends and I put dozens of hours into fall by the wayside in a sub-optimal state, y'know?

Archived