The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Market

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

I've hardly participated in buy/sell and see WM mentioned a lot. Looking at the site it doesn't seem like you can do any buying or selling. If I click buy, all it seems to do is bring up a copy paste window.

Can someone explain WM to me and it's purpose/usefulness?

Also, is there a low input way to participate in buying and selling? Something that allows you to list stuff and people can shop and buy without having to go to trade manually and deal with spamming messages on the trade chat? 

8 answers to this question

The main purpose of the app is to reduce friction on trading. It is a nice place for anyone looking to get an item or check a price, there are plenty of others out there but wf.market is the most popular one. It still has to follow all the warframe guidelines so is just acts as a hub and makes you do the trading in-game rather than trying to use bots or third party software controlling to initiate the actual trade.

There are other third party software sites that takes screenshots of you game and allows you to quickly upload the contents of your inventory to WF.Market that gets around having it use in-game control. You can do this if you are looking to get serious about trading. But you still need to do all actions that are necessary in Warframe manually such as initiating the trade as well as obtaining the parts for the trade. Sadly I don't think there is any option for Xbox for these third party tools, only PC.

Trade chat just acts as a hub, likewise there are numerous other sites out there that you can attempt to use but you likely won't have success. If you are using the chats, use the provided filters that allow you to only view messages with and/or without certain phrases.

I am guessing that if the friction from trading was even removed such as an auction house plat prices would plummet so my guess is that is why you don't see any further improvements to trading on DE's end.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I've hardly participated in buy/sell and see WM mentioned a lot. Looking at the site it doesn't seem like you can do any buying or selling. If I click buy, all it seems to do is bring up a copy paste window.

Can someone explain WM to me and it's purpose/usefulness?

Also, is there a low input way to participate in buying and selling? Something that allows you to list stuff and people can shop and buy without having to go to trade manually and deal with spamming messages on the trade chat? 

Right, you can only buy and sell (trading) in game in Warframe (that I know of).

The Warframe Market 3rd party site you found is the low input way to buy and sell.

To Buy, you find the item, pick the seller and price (I usually go with someone online, since you are going to send them a private message in game). You click the Buy button. Copy the text and paste it into chat in Warframe. The seller will respond either in text or by inviting you to a squad. You go to their dojo normally and do the trade there.

To Sell, you list the item on WM. They is is just the reverse of being the buyer. Most dojos have a trading terminal, that is the easiest way to start the trading transaction.

Hmm, since you are on XBox, copy/paste is not an option, you will need some alternative, but I've no idea what that is.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Yeah it's really a chore to constantly monitor trade chat. The search and keyword filters don't even work. It's terrible and time consuming with a horrible interface that doesn't even let you check inventory without exiting so i don't bother but i have lots of WFs and need slots. I guess I'll just have to do it

Be very careful if you decide to use the trade chat. The WM 3rd party site is way better for buying items (so far I've not sold anything, but only listed one item). Mostly in trade chat you will find people selling way over average value and trying to buy way under average value. I tried it a few times and gave up on trade chat.

Can't say I've actually had any luck selling anything except to my wife. She has bought plenty of my stuff 😀

Archived