Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Nerf'd?

-Xeno-Fire-

Guest aw3ren3ss

I've noticed that the void enemies now have a chanse to deny headshots (I shot a few of them in the head and they didn't recive any dmg)

Guest aw3ren3ss

There is something wrong with some weapons, but most of them was balanced - with good results, to be honest. I believe, that DE going to fix some weapons in the near future.

tried my cronus and it did huge ammounts of damage to void corpus (didn't do much damage to anything before)

If you think the paris is bad now please try the gorgon. There are quite a few weapons now that were decent in previous versions that feel quite a bit less powerful in the damage 2.0 system

I don't know, my un-potato'd Gorgon was doing some pretty hefty damage vs. some high level grineer yesterday. It all depends on the mods you're using, I suppose.

Wow!  Great feedback from over the night, thanks everyone!

Just some small notes:

-snip-

Thanks, I'll have to try this out later, when I get back home.

tried my cronus and it did huge ammounts of damage to void corpus (didn't do much damage to anything before)

Hmm, I may have to re-get a hold of one, now that they kill things.

I don't know, my un-potato'd Gorgon was doing some pretty hefty damage vs. some high level grineer yesterday. It all depends on the mods you're using, I suppose.

I witnessed this, and was shocked that he got more kills then me with this weapon for once.  He was decimating the Grineer.

nuuuuuu ragdoll... ;~; I only just crafted my Paris too...

I just got my Paris Prime, so I know how ya feel.  I am (trying to)  play warframe right now, gonna pull some easy Towers, and some mid-high level Grineer missions.  If you wanna try some with me later, you can add me as a friend. or join "le clan" <-- Not recruitment thread.

damage 2.0 has screwed with many weapons. things will be tweaked and fixed accordingly in time. but until then...

I understand that, beta and all, didn't see a post about it and I wanted to let the community know so the pubs new players didn't get the wrong idea about the weapon.

Edited by XenoFire

I have a Paris Prime, 3 Forma, crit build. Damage 1.0, I could easily hit all enemies (Corrupted included) for 1-shot kills up to level 100+, without any ability buffs (Roar, MPrime, Sonar, etc.).

Damage 2.0, same build, even using MPrime, level 30 Corrupted grunts (the Crewmen and Lancers) take 5-6 headshots to take down. Makes me shed a tear.

So I suppose, even though the Paris/Paris Prime advertises Puncture damage which is supposedly the best against armor, I so far have not found it useful against anything with armor.

|

|

|

\/

Which is the majority of all the enemies you will ever fight in Warframe.

Somebody pointed out (either on this thread or another regarding the possible bow arsenal nerf) that as a weapon that 1) has a charge time 2) has limited ammunition AND one of the lowest ammunition drops from enemies 3) has projectile travel time AND drop, and 4) is NOT hitscan, bows in general did not warrant any kind of "specialization" in their damage potential. If you have the time, patience, resources and skill to (in terms of Paris Prime and Dread) find the parts and/or blueprint(s), mod them correctly, and use them efficiently, then you should be rewarded with a weapon that you should be proud of.

Gee, your opinion on the P.Prime is rather obsolete to me.

My P.Prime is doing very well against level 40 Void mobs and its not even a crit or a dmg build.

Probably just my opinion but the P.Prime feels more OP in 2.0 than it was in 1.0, either my new mod build is just too good or I'm just too lazy to notice the difference.

Btw, you catalised it once but no formas? You haven't seen the full potential if you haven't add 3 or 4 stars to it and no, it didn't get nerfed. It just remained the same but diff dmg output.

Damage 2.0, same build, even using MPrime, level 30 Corrupted grunts (the Crewmen and Lancers) take 5-6 headshots to take down. Makes me shed a tear.

Just letting you know, some enemies dont take full dmg to the head. Like CORPUS

Edited by Ephesus

Pretty much all bolt weapons got the short end of the stick from damage 2.0, it seems like they kinda overnerfed them. Maybe balancing out their damage types a little bit more, still keeping puncture as the primary, but a 60/25/15 split for puncture/slash/impact would do it the world of good.

Having said that, I'm reliably 1-hitting up to level 40 Grineer with my regular Paris, I can't touch Corpus though and it's really bugging me.

Edited by TheHeraldXII

Just letting you know, some enemies dont take full dmg to the head. Like CORPUS

Lancers =/= Corpus.

I have tried my Paris, 2 star, potato; and my PParis, potato; in the void and didn't kill anything without a LOT of arrows.  It was horrid!  I used to be able to one-shot the heavy-gunners and healers with that Paris.  My build was solid, mostly crit, with a side of brute force and the random explosion here or there.  It can still destroy slow-mid corpus, and I am the bane of all things Grineer, whilst Infested kill me while laughing, and the void enemies just won't die.

It seems they've severely nerfed the entirety of the bow collection, not just the prime, so that they do nihl damage, regardless of mod. The dread also feels lackluster, and barely warrants my time, now. 

Bows are harder to use than most weapons, and they have limited ammunition, so I feel that I Should be getting a little more punch per shot. after all, it currently takes 11-12 head-shots to kill a corrupted heavy-gunner with good mods. After grinding Days on end to get the Paris P, and killing the stalker countless times to get the dread, I feel they deserve a rebuff.

My Dread crits 15k.

Wateryu doin?

Lancers =/= Corpus.

I have tried my Paris, 2 star, potato; and my PParis, potato; in the void and didn't kill anything without a LOT of arrows.  It was horrid!  I used to be able to one-shot the heavy-gunners and healers with that Paris.  My build was solid, mostly crit, with a side of brute force and the random explosion here or there.  It can still destroy slow-mid corpus, and I am the bane of all things Grineer, whilst Infested kill me while laughing, and the void enemies just won't die.

Loadout is kind of important here. Serration rank 5 minimum, multishot and appropriate elementals is enough for my Paris to kill enemies up to level 30-35 no worries. After level 40 though it seems like it takes way too long to kill any enemies with any weapon.