Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crit On Weak Spots Behaves Strangely

Eric1738

assumption: damage value displayed is the real damage

it seems to be bugged, but i am not sure if it is an intended feature of damage 2.0.

An example: unmoded Lanka hits lvl 1 grineer lancer.

on body parts, u get 187 white and 281 yellow, which is correct(187*1.5=280.5).

however, on the head, i got 375 white and 1125 yellow. it is 3 times of the normal damage.

i have seen many players talking about high crit damage coming from nowhere, maybe this is part of the reaon.

Edited by Eric1738

what about about 2000 damage crit headshot from soma?

What about 2000000 crit from vectis? And 110000+ crit from soma (both with nova ult x2).

if u guys want i can show u picture of -2^31 damage from soma, but u see that's not the point of this thread. what i was talking about is a very simple situation.

I have also seen enemies still take damage despite being dead, most likely because of elemental effects spawning something which still is shown as taking damage. Embolist with blast damage seems to frequently be guilty of this.

Also, are you sure it is a display problem? I have not managed to test this, but I too have seen the odd crit-numbers popping up from time to time on every weapon I've used.

Reason I am wondering if it is a display problem is because some of the base damage mods seem to behave a bit oddly in respect to what they boost, but that might be intentional though (if that is the case, it is kinda sad that you cannot shift a weapon more towards eg. piercing without the weapon already having a decent amount of piercing).

RIGHT when U11 came out my Soma was criting over 8K (I would assume when the proc would hit too), now I'm not seeing anything over 250 dam and it doesn't crit as often as the (NERFED) 60+% chance says it should...  a lot of hits for just 41 dam, which I'm really unhappy about, but that's besides the point.  The point is, the most recent hot-fix seemed to have solved that, for me at least.

assumption: damage value displayed is the real damage

it seems to be bugged, but i am not sure if it is an intended feature of damage 2.0.

An example: unmoded Lanka hits lvl 1 grineer lancer.

on body parts, u get 187 white and 281 yellow, which is correct(187*1.5=280.5).

however, on the head, i got 375 white and 1125 yellow. it is 3 times of the normal damage.

i have seen many players talking about high crit damage coming from nowhere, maybe this is part of the reaon.

paris prime

multi serr

hit crit for 100k

yes something is strange. It feels that the body part modifier is calculated twice when you crit or something like that, it's really weird

EDIT: after doing some testing it seems that the crit damage is doubled for weak points, or maybe not doubled but multiplied by the weak point multiple (which is 2 for grineer headshots, thats why it's either 2 times crit dmg or the multiple, or maybe a completely different number for other mobtypes that i havent tested). If i had 1.5x critdmg then a crit headshot did 3 times the damage of a normal headshot. When I had 2.4x critdmg then a crit headshot did 4.8 times the damage of a normal headshot.

This is probably intended because I heard steve talking about a crit increase in some way when you have scanned a certain mob to 100%, which this might be. I can't really test it because I have already scanned all types

edit2: it might stack with other people, or it was bugged. Instead of the 4 times dmg crit headshots I got 8 times damage when in a group. I dont know if any of them had the codex for those mobs so i have to test some more things :P

Edited by luddeluff

yes something is strange. It feels that the body part modifier is calculated twice when you crit or something like that, it's really weird

EDIT: after doing some testing it seems that the crit damage is doubled for weak points, or maybe not doubled but multiplied by the weak point multiple (which is 2 for grineer headshots, thats why it's either 2 times crit dmg or the multiple, or maybe a completely different number for other mobtypes that i havent tested). If i had 1.5x critdmg then a crit headshot did 3 times the damage of a normal headshot. When I had 2.4x critdmg then a crit headshot did 4.8 times the damage of a normal headshot.

This is probably intended because I heard steve talking about a crit increase in some way when you have scanned a certain mob to 100%, which this might be. I can't really test it because I have already scanned all types

edit2: it might stack with other people, or it was bugged. Instead of the 4 times dmg crit headshots I got 8 times damage when in a group. I dont know if any of them had the codex for those mobs so i have to test some more things :P

ty for the input. i dont think it's related to the Codex. i didnt finish it when testing. if it even "stacks" with the number of teammates... well, DE must have screwed something up...

Edited by Eric1738