Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cinta Blueprint not Tradeable

baked

This is actually pretty standard for non-Prime weapons. Look at Corufell, for instance; the components can be traded, but not the blueprint. Cinta's blueprint being able to be traded would've actually been more unusual!

(I feel like the pity mechanic should apply here, though. After all, you can buy Corufell's blueprint with the crystals you get from Mirror Defense; the Duviri merchant should let you buy the blueprint and parts for Cinta with some large number of the Enigma tokens.)

9 hours ago, Packetdancer said:

This is actually pretty standard for non-Prime weapons. Look at Corufell, for instance; the components can be traded, but not the blueprint. Cinta's blueprint being able to be traded would've actually been more unusual!

(I feel like the pity mechanic should apply here, though. After all, you can buy Corufell's blueprint with the crystals you get from Mirror Defense; the Duviri merchant should let you buy the blueprint and parts for Cinta with some large number of the Enigma tokens.)

It's hard to compare this to Corufell, since all of Corufells parts can be bought from Otak/drop from mission rotations. If anything I'd compare this to things like Ambassador etc. which all drop from certain enemies/events.
It is highly unusual to have a weapon whose acquisition for all parts being the same excludes the main BP from being tradable for some reason.
Why have components tradeable if you still have to rely on RNG to get the main BP?

On 2023-05-01 at 1:17 PM, Fuffles_ said:

It's hard to compare this to Corufell, since all of Corufells parts can be bought from Otak/drop from mission rotations. If anything I'd compare this to things like Ambassador etc. which all drop from certain enemies/events.
It is highly unusual to have a weapon whose acquisition for all parts being the same excludes the main BP from being tradable for some reason.
Why have components tradeable if you still have to rely on RNG to get the main BP?

Then let's compare it to Aeolak or Hespar, which drop from bounties and cannot be purchased from vendors, where the component bits can be traded but the main blueprints cannot.

I know it's easy to say plenty of weapons had blueprints that could not be traded, but the thing is that most of those weapons are only a blueprint. When it drops, it drops. You've got the goods! Materials might need to be farmed, sure, but you were done with the RNG portion. For things that had multiple pieces, like -- as you point out -- the Ambassador or whatnot, all the pieces including the blueprint tended to be able to be traded, so that if you had extras of one and just could not get another to drop, you could help each other out. Yeah, there were exceptions -- the Miter comes to mind -- but they weren't the rule.

I think there's a lot of changes to Warframe that are good ones -- like having a pity system, and having the ability to buy missing parts -- but having things where the components can be traded but the main blueprint cannot is one of the handful I don't entirely care for. But it does seem to be a thing that happens not infrequently with non-Primed weapons lately.

To digress for a moment (bear with me here)...

The reason I think it's a step backwards is that I think one of the best parts of Warframe's community is how readily people will help other folks out. When I was a baby Tenno trying to figure things out and grind for some of my first gear that I wanted -- gazing at Nova with shining eyes full of hope -- not only did some more experienced Tenno help me obtain normal Nova, they came back a bit later and helped me get all the pieces for Nova Prime. (Who is still the most-used frame on my stats page by a wide margin, and still my main in my heart even if she's not seeing as much endgame use these days.)

My greatest pride in this game is not related to running any content or getting any hard-to-obtain or rare thing. It's the day I realized that I had progressed to the point that I was now the "experienced player" who some newbies were looking to for help and guidance, and who was able to not only help show them the ropes but give them some gear/mods to help ease them on their way.

It's easy to be cynical and say that having stuff be able to be traded removes all challenge because people can just farm it and then sell it to others. But I think having stuff be able to be traded also facilitates the parts of our community that can shine the brightest -- the part that actually, unironically, embodies "we all lift together", where folks will step in and help each other out.

ANYWAY.

So, yeah, I would actually prefer the Cinta blueprint be able to be traded, like the components. I'm just not surprised it isn't, given recent weapons releases. What annoys me more is that it's not only unable to be traded, and -- so far as I know -- does not turn up in the Duviri merchant's goods periodically as something you can buy for enigma gyrums. Which I think it ought to.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Archived