Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission loading times since Duviri update

Croxius_Alpha

I've noticed that ever since the Duviri update was released, there's been a VERY noticeable increase in mission loading times, not only in Duviri but in any mission. This issue has nothing to do with the switch to Enhance graphics engine though, as I tested whether the issue persists when using the classic engine and observed no change whatsoever. The game is also laggier for some reason, enough that I can't even play normal missions in multiplayer anymore. I've already tried every solution for speeding up mission loading time, short of replacing my laptop. I hope this gets fixed soon...

@Croxius_Alpha Could you verify if you've used the "optimize" function of the launcher? I know you said you've tried "every solution" but I just want to confirm what was tried, just in case. Generally after major updates it's needed because the way Warframe downloads / patches files is adding to existing large "cache" ones. The optimization trims the specific files, since otherwise during loads it may bring in unnecessary data that isn't needed any longer but may have been used in a previous patch.

I'd also try to move the game to a fast SSD if it's not on one, though that might not be an option if you're on a laptop since it's a bit locked to existing drives or expansion slots available.

On 2023-05-16 at 1:43 AM, Naroxas44 said:

@Croxius_Alpha Could you verify if you've used the "optimize" function of the launcher? I know you said you've tried "every solution" but I just want to confirm what was tried, just in case. Generally after major updates it's needed because the way Warframe downloads / patches files is adding to existing large "cache" ones. The optimization trims the specific files, since otherwise during loads it may bring in unnecessary data that isn't needed any longer but may have been used in a previous patch.

I'd also try to move the game to a fast SSD if it's not on one, though that might not be an option if you're on a laptop since it's a bit locked to existing drives or expansion slots available.

Yes, I did, multiple times in fact. I also tried verifying the download multiple times but still didn't help. As I said I already tried every solution but still nothing works. As for the matter of SSD, do you think an external SSD might help? I can't install an SSD in my laptop since there's no expansion slot in it. This laptop is pretty old, it's a 7th gen i3, with 4 gb RAM (with one expansion slot), 1TB HDD, and an Nvidia GeForce MX150 with 2 gb VRAM. Despite that, this thing can run Warframe pretty decently, with some workarounds of course.

Basically what Markov said, USB 3 speeds are way faster than almost any consumer HDD (even at 7200 RPM), so if you have that and an external SSD it should help. HDDs are good for mass storage where speed isn't an issue, but I would not recommend anyone put an OS or regularly used / large games (let alone live service or multiplayer ones) on one in the modern age, they just cause a lot of slowdowns with how large most games and files have become.

I'd need a model number of the system to determine if it has USB 3 ports, but you could also look and see if they have a "SS" logo (superspeed) or if they're blue inside the port (I don't think this is standard per se but most manufacturers follow this color scheme).

13 minutes ago, Naroxas44 said:

Basically what Markov said, USB 3 speeds are way faster than almost any consumer HDD (even at 7200 RPM), so if you have that and an external SSD it should help. HDDs are good for mass storage where speed isn't an issue, but I would not recommend anyone put an OS or regularly used / large games (let alone live service or multiplayer ones) on one in the modern age, they just cause a lot of slowdowns with how large most games and files have become.

I'd need a model number of the system to determine if it has USB 3 ports, but you could also look and see if they have a "SS" logo (superspeed) or if they're blue inside the port (I don't think this is standard per se but most manufacturers follow this color scheme).

Yes, I have two of them on the left side of the device...

Archived