The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alright, Let's Talk About Game Modes

CrownOfShadows

1 hour ago, Llilyanna said:

Not really, while SP requires things like armor strip and MAYBE shield gating depending on the frame, a lot of things are SP worthy. Even the things we would not even think of are SP ready. It's not strict, people just THINK it's strict because they don't carry the initial knowledge of just having armor strip to take care of things like Acolytes and Grineer. Now if you are speaking about ENDURANCE SP that is a completely different ball game. That community is pretty damn small for all things consider and I have a hunch that the devs were not thinking about weapons scaling beyond lvl 200 at most, maybe even lvl 300. 

SP is a lot more flexible than people give credit for.

I still don't know what this has to do with what I'm talking about? Nowhere have I talked about strictness, or gear worthiness, or specific mechanics, or even endurance play? Where are you getting this, and what does it have to do with what I've said?

On 2023-05-21 at 7:25 PM, CrownOfShadows said:

When I say game modes, I'm specifically referring to our everyday modes that we play all the time. Things like Iso Vaults are pretty great but not quite what I'd consider mainstream game modes. Our game modes are these:

• Defense
  • Mobile Defense
  • Excavation
  • Survival
  • Extermination
  • Rescue
  • Capture
  • Sabotage
  • Assassination
  • Spy
  • Interception
  • Disruption
  • *Hijack
  • *Defection

Hijack and Defection are in kind of a gray area, but they are in quite a rotations so I suppose they may be 'mainstream content', and you might make a case for kuva survival too.

This is the stuff we play day in and day out, everything else is specialized or niche. Now I'm no expert on the history of game modes in warframe, but for as long as I've been playing the only new mainstream mode we've had has been disruption, which has been a god-send. While we've had new modes like Void Flood/Cascade/Armageddon and Conjuction survival none of those are mainstream, I'd categorize them with stuff like the Index or the Arena on Sedna or Iso Vaults.

So basically I'm out here begging for new mainstream game modes, a lot of them. All of these except disruption are OLD, and they feel old. They were designed ages ago around ancient meta, when our frame pool was what... like a fifth of what it is now?

Do you have a genius idea for a new game mode, or what would you want to see in a new game mode, and what makes a game mode enjoyable for you? How can we best play to the strengths of modern warframe? And what about these current mission types do you hate/love?

pretty much agreed 99%  (%1 is marginal error) , commenting cuz signal boosting

Archived