Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random invincibility and general lack of information

Second feedback (btw, the Interception: look for LFG doesn't work, no one does these missions, forget it), today: information.

If there is one thing that keeps me from really enjoying this title than the absolute lack of information IN the game. I can't count how often I had to google something, because the information is not IN the game. Ressources I used to have but not at the moment, good luck knowing where to find them, exact resistance types of enemies, effects on mod composition etc. But the another thing that happend two times in the last two days: random invincibility on enemies. There is one boss that does this, but no real information is given how to deal with it. Many bosses do this actually, and I don't mind the mechanic, I mind the lack of any information how to proceed.

And then the same happened today again. Deimos Necrolith mission, destroy hive things in the chamber (you know which one), and they are just invincible. I am dead sure there is a way to kill those, BUT I don't know this way, as a player. There is no hint, no info, nothing. So, I die. I have to die, because there is absolutely nothing I can do but to die.

For crying out loud, devs, please change how you put information in the game or at least start doing it. From the beginning where I started playing this title, this is the number one issue. It is okay that I sometimes have to collect that information first, but then show it to me. And when you put mechanics on bosses or this mission, explain them. Nothing is more frustrating than another greyed out HP bar with no info why. This is not 1990 anymore. You have to learn how to present information, and rather do it too often. Once is not enough. If there was any hint on how this mechanic works I missed it. It was not repeated, as with the other missions. Hire someone who knows how to teach game mechanics and present information in a game because for all the great things and things the game does right this is one is so horrendly missing. It is a decrement to the enjoyment of this title. As are Interception Mission with no help. I am SO done googling things.

absolute lack of information IN the game

Agreed.

When I began playing WF I kept going to the Wiki. After a while I began copying the most useful info into a text file I keep handy (faster than googling something).

To date this file has grown to over 300.000 characters...! It's a whole book... and it's not everything! :-D

IMHO DE aren't that lousy regarding explanations, I think it's intentional. Why, I don't know: maybe most players enjoy discovering stuff on their own.

I know I had to read extensively to beat every boss (well, save for the Sergeant, of course!).

Anyway, that's DE style. They just give some short hints.

destroy hive things in the chamber (you know which one), and they are just invincible

If you mean the "Destroy Hive" mission, it has a very short explanation (easy to miss): you have to destroy some "tumor nodes" (red-yellow thingies, usually 3) before you can destroy the hive. Sometimes they aren't easy to find, but they are within the red zone on the minimap

If you exit the red map zone and re-enter, Lotus will repeat herself on needing to destroy the tumor nodes. This can be a bit irritating if you're on the outskirts of a hive red circle, weaving in and out becuse of the maze-like nature.

If you mean the ones in the drift, then you need to find similar things to the tumor nodes in regular hive missions. They're supposed to be connected via energy trails but I've never seen these supposed energy trails. I suspect that might be a bug. However, these things can only really be killed at point blank. That means, using your frame or operator to destroy them. A melee attack from archwing after spotting one often does the job, if you've got good melee equipped. In this instance, Loid and Otak will constantly remind you if you're doing it wrong, and tell you how to do so.

Do you have the volume up on transmissions, as turning that down or off, you'd not be able to hear the audio telling you exactly what to do.

Archived