Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Puncture, Impact And Slash Mods.

J-Pax

I don't particularly agree with this.

I think weapons should remain specialized for specific factions, rather than let you take any weapon and build it towards whatever faction you want. The current IPS system gives the weapons a sense of identity, it's the elemental mod that screws it over by being powerful, while the physical damage mods are garbage. And even if you buff the physical damage mods, you'll only be adding fuel to the elemental mods. 

dude, if DE made sensible decisions in regards to weapon specialization we would have grounds to argue on - most shotguns are mainly impact damage, the one shotgun against infested is the one with a low pellet count, tight spread and the lowest mag size... some weapons have 2 main damage types, a few have all 3 evenly.

Edited by SlyBoots

We can't switch loadouts without going to arsenal, so it is a hassle to switch up to prepare for missions.  Quite simply, it is so much easier to only make one build.  Because we can't swap conveniently enough, these mods aren't going to be useful to most people.

Base damage and half rainbows are still going to be the standard because they still can turn a bright few weapons into mass murder tools.

We can't switch loadouts without going to arsenal, so it is a hassle to switch up to prepare for missions.  Quite simply, it is so much easier to only make one build.  Because we can't swap conveniently enough, these mods aren't going to be useful to most people.

Base damage and half rainbows are still going to be the standard because they still can turn a bright few weapons into mass murder tools.

this is true not the build i would prefer but my shotty of choice the Strun Wraith has 500+ impact 600+ puncture and whatever slash damage hwat doesnt matter with the startard mod build + hellfire im sitting at 1400+ heat damage and according to wiki that 1.75x to flesh and 1.5x to infested and reduced by nothing so i got a weapon that in theory works against everything

^Sorry for the lack of content, you didn't write anything except quotes:

Archistopheles, my understanding of rainbow builds is to slap every mod on that adds damage directly so that your gun is perfectly viable for all factions and all encounters - i.e. you never have to visit the arsenal screen again.

You've failed to grasp what I've said - I'm not trying to empower every gun to go to the arsenal screen once and then never change their loadout, I'm trying to give the weapons the ability to improve their weakest stats so that they CAN go up against different factions - not with the same loadout - with reasonable standards of results compared to the guns that are born and bred to go up against that faction, even more so it empowers those guns to specialize further, or fill in the gaps of damage they require for their born faction, like the Tigris, abundance of slash which is good against chargers but as the levels go up Leapers become increasingly difficult, thus the faction the Tigris is designed for, the infested, becomes less of a problem for it to handle later. However, If I chuck gas, puncture and slash mods on my shotgun to go to town on infested, it's going to suck versus corpus. I would not be "rainbowing" my gun at all, not one bit. Sure, I would have made my shotgun better at taking down the varieties of infested I'm facing - but that is exactly what I am proposing. To have the ability to diversify your gun in preparation for the enemy faction I am facing is a good thing.

In no way, not even as a side effect, would this suggestion encourage or make viable a rainbow-esque build.

Edited by J-Pax

I think the point is the DE want to see some different builds , and that's why weapons should be specialized and mods should get just a buff.

Just think about it , did you enjoy the general soma/acrid/galatine sight of U10 ? 

I didn't, got sick of seeing those weapons over and over again in every mission , if DE would make the mods use total damage the same thing will happen now , most people will take the weapons with the best base damage and shove all the possible mods in there , do a rainbow build and voila!, even if on certain damages they'll do worse than specifically tailored weapons , overall their weapon would handle any enemy.

I think regardless of what DE does, the best result we can hope for 2 months from now when the metagame settles in is that we have three sets of "meta weapons" instead of just one. If people could build whatever weapons they felt comfortable with to be good, not the best but just good, against any faction then people would be more likely just use whatever weapons they liked the look or feel of. As it is, I think we're just seeing the old dominant stat split into three new ones, there's always going to be a weapon that is simply the best.

I think it's also worth noting that there's still no real need to worry about switching weapons, I still run Paris/Akbolto/Cronus against every single faction with the same build every time and it hasn't failed me yet. Currently I just shore up my weaknesses with elemental damage and call it a day, I mean, I could potentially build to get the absolute highest damage against a particular faction, but in a lot of missions there's a chance that another faction might turn up and then I'd be screwed.

I think regardless of what DE does, the best result we can hope for 2 months from now when the metagame settles in is that we have three sets of "meta weapons" instead of just one. If people could build whatever weapons they felt comfortable with to be good, not the best but just good, against any faction then people would be more likely just use whatever weapons they liked the look or feel of. As it is, I think we're just seeing the old dominant stat split into three new ones, there's always going to be a weapon that is simply the best.

I think it's also worth noting that there's still no real need to worry about switching weapons, I still run Paris/Akbolto/Cronus against every single faction with the same build every time and it hasn't failed me yet. Currently I just shore up my weaknesses with elemental damage and call it a day, I mean, I could potentially build to get the absolute highest damage against a particular faction, but in a lot of missions there's a chance that another faction might turn up and then I'd be screwed.

Obviously there will be some weapons that will be the best , but hopefully the DEs can make the tiers more obvious ( since I believe weapons are supposed to be tiered now) , and if you have 3 dojo tech primaries , each with a different focus (impact/puncture/slash) you might want to focus on something for each weapon , and then change the weapon according to what enemy you are facing.

Of course you can always take a good weapon with all stats , rainbow it , and run any mission (that is the best strategy for corrupted anyway) , and you probably won't run in any heavy problems if you have a decent team and leveled mods.

Buuuuut if you want to do high level defences , or long survivals , you might want to optimize your weapon .