Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Music during login screen continues playing indefintely

Left4Rage

The music that plays during the login screen continues to play indefinitely after logging in. No volume settings in-game affect this. This has something to do with the new Steam update as I noticed this happening during the beta. Muting Steam Web Helper in the audio mix turns it off. I posted about this on Reddit a few weeks ago, but cannot access the comment I made then because of blackout due to API changes.

On 2023-06-19 at 9:10 AM, [DE]erichdigital said:

Would you happen to have a capture or video of this issue when it occurs? It would help us isolate the issue.

Update 33.5: The Seven Crimes of Kullervo seems to have fixed the issue as I am no longer able to reproduce the bug. I was able to get my reddit post since the subreddit has returned. The problem only persisted when my Steam was using the beta preview of update. Switching to the live version of Steam would cause the issue to be 'fixed'. When Steam pushed the beta to the live version last week, the problem was only able to be fixed by muting Steam Web Helper.

On 2023-06-19 at 4:34 PM, Naroxas44 said:

@Left4Rage Could you make sure it's not the same issue as this one? The user had the site open in the steam overlay web browser (due to getting a plat coupon): 

I am pretty certain it was not an open tab in the overlay browser. It was one of the first things I checked when trying to isolate the issue. It persisted through multiple play sessions, and as far as I know the web browser is closed when you exit a game and restart.