Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

GeForce NOW: "Login failed. Check your info"

GreenGKH

В 22.06.2023 в 20:53, GreenGKH сказал:

Hi, as the title implies, I can't connect to the game despite entering the right information (I checked by connecting to the site). I was playing when at the end of the mission I got an error message telling me that my account couldn't be updated. I then logged out and have not been able to log back in since. 

I looked for information on the internet and found this article : https://support.warframe.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027516172-I-can-not-login-the-game-but-I-entered-the-correct-email-and-password-login-failed-check-your-info-. The problem is that I play in cloud gaming on Nvidia Geforce now so I can't get the latest logs. I tried in the cloud gaming application settings to change the server region but it didn't help. 

Do you have any idea how I can fix this?

same

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Darkkios said:

DE answer to this known IP blacklist problems : 

"Hello,

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this. I'm sorry, this is a problem beyond our control.

Thank you for your understanding."

DE answered me:

"Note that this is a Geforce Now specific issue but we can assure you that we found no other issue that could be preventing you from logging into your account.

Please also take the time to read our article below.
I can not login the game, but I entered the correct email and password"

They are not committing to fix the problem but copy paste a standard response without analyzing the problem and close the ticket right away. Even if I changed the internet settings on my PC, the problem lies in the settings on the Gefroce Now servers.

• Like 1

I'm currently dealing with same problem and I stand behind my opinion that there should be some fix implemented for this issue. But there is also other side of this issue, can just people input correct password so the automatic system doesn't lock whole IP pool. We live in 21st century we you don't need to remember every single password, you can use password manager and just copy paste password. I'm not saying that issue only in automatic IP flagging system or only in people inputting wrong password both of these problems go in hand. If someone has different opinion please quote me we can discus it. (PS: English is not my native language so i hope my comment makes sense.)

• Like 2

Do you think that closing geforce now and reopening a session can allocate a different machine with a different IP address? I don't really know how the geforce now service works but if it is the case it could be worth to make a connection bot to bruteforce the process of finding a clear IP..... not sure they will be very happy on geforce side .... But atm I'd rather stop plyaing that trying 100 times every day before playing...

4 hours ago, Darkkios said:

Do you think that closing geforce now and reopening a session can allocate a different machine with a different IP address? I don't really know how the geforce now service works but if it is the case it could be worth to make a connection bot to bruteforce the process of finding a clear IP..... not sure they will be very happy on geforce side .... But atm I'd rather stop plyaing that trying 100 times every day before playing...

Well i personally try it like 3 times to launch the game, if it doesn't work a wait couple hours, but most of the times it works on second or third try. But in the end it's RNG if u get rig (PC) with IP that is flagged or IP that isn't flagged.

10 hours ago, Pancino said:

the problem lies in the settings on the Gefroce Now servers

The problem is 100% Warframe's implementation of IP lockouts / blocklisting (this is not to say it's their "fault", as the service using the shared IP should have contingency plans in place to deal with this too, as a lot of services & games blocklist based on IPs); this is not unique to this game either, any game or service that uses IP blocks will be affected as cloud gaming servers have a limited number of IPs in their pool and use virtual machines that share them. CG-NAT also suffers from this issue, but it is significantly less common since the shared IP pool per users is smaller. Some VPNs may also have the same issue if they use shared IPs.

Warframe can possibly do IP & DNS lookups to determine if the address is from GFN and whitelist it (temporarily, as I imagine they're not static), but that defeats the purpose of their lockout in the first place. A better solution would be working with NVIDIA to solve this issue with some sort of integration or indication of a unique user on a shared IP, or to individually lock users, rather than shared IPs, out of the system for incorrect attempts. I'm sure each has their own complexities and challenges with their existing system.

I really would like to see some solution towards this in the future, especially with Warframe mobile coming soon - many mobile carriers around the globe deploy CG-NAT; this already has its own complexities with port forwarding, but it also shares IPs between network subscribers and will suffer from this exact same issue, though again not at the same scale or severity that a cloud gaming service would.

I think this issue has gained enough traction that it would at least warrant a "hey, we're aware of this issue and we'll look into resolving it in the future", but they may just have more pressing issues and immediate concerns to address when users can switch GFN servers or try again at different hours.

So on a weekend with Wisp Prime and Baro I can't login AGAIN.  

Edit:  I use Geforce Now on a NVIDIA Shield media box.  I rebooted the media box 4 times in a row.  I then launched Geforce Now and changed my server to another one closest to my location.  I rebooted the Shield again.  I launched Geforce now again and verified I was still on this changed server.  Tried to login and finally got in.

If anyone else is having this issue, try this.  

Edited by GossamerPrime
finally got on

I created a tech support thread on Geforce.  If everyone can login there and flood the comments letting them know how many people are having this issue, it might help:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-tech-support/46/523893/warframe-login-failed-check-your-info/

Oh yeah, and I couldn't login again tonight.  Rebooting Nvidia Shield and switching servers multiple times did work this time.  

Edited by GossamerPrime