Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Does Not Need A Radical Rewark (U11 Redux)

Alkirin

"Viable alternative to gunplay."

That line always just makes me wince when I look at Volt.  Though, it's not all horrible and it's not all too hard to fix.  Even taking a few steps toward his selling line involves either amping his damage or amping his utility/control.

Damage isn't really the route I'd consider, as Volt's description fits Nova better than anything, and there's no viable means to bring Volt up to her level.  Few simple things to do.

Seems that Volt has taken a step in the right direction.  Granted, still not quite that 'alternative to gunplay', but he's graduated from 'only viable with a specific gun'.  That's a big step.

*Shock needs to stun non-corpus.

Preferably every target it chains to, but at least make it reliable on the primary target.  Even just interrupting the Heavy's spinup or a Drone's laserspam would be welcome.  Just...Something.

Seems that Shock has better targeting, range, and damage.  It also seems to benefit from Electricity 2.0, and stuns more consistently.

*Overload needs to stun, or it's animation needs to be cut.

It's currently just a suicide button vs non-corpus.  Still is vs high level ones, which means that Volt is functionally the only frame without a functional panic button.

No more Suicide Jesus, Volt is now mobile after firing Overload.  Additionally, it seems that Overload punches a bit harder, partially due to perks of Electricity 2.0.

Overload isn't just for Corpus (or an early death) anymore.

*Increase Sprint speed.  

There is absolutely no reason for Volt, of all frames, to not be one of the fastest.

No strikethrough on this one.  Though, I'll be honest, in the context of Speed, this is the hardest to argue for.  While I'm not going to say that raising Speed to Team Buff status is a bad thing, what I will say is that this has drastically reduced Volt's mobility with respect to the other Warframes.

Though, ultimately with Parkour 2.0, this is becoming more of a personal flavor preference than a necessary mechanic fix.

I originally made this thread because I kinda like Volt the way he is, I just wanted him to perform better.  He definitely performs better.  To the extent that I don't think he should turn into "Nova 2: Electric Boogaloo" (i.e. Most of what I'm seeing in some Volt threads), I think that placing more emphasis on his ability to disrupt with stuns instead of just 'moar damage' will secure his niche and make him a unique asset.

Edited by Alkirin

-I agree on the sprint speed but i don't foresee any change happening

-his damage increased and now is noticeable vs infested but i still don't take him to infested runs because of the awkwardness of shield vs hordes of runners

-don't like the change to Shield just adding a chance to proc lightning instead of the old electric damage 

-don't like the change to Shield just adding a chance to proc lightning instead of the old electric damage 

I think that shots through the shield still deal full damage vs Ancients.  Which was one of the reasons why I took him on infested maps.

As far as I know the Synapse thing doesn't work anymore (I haven't seen this personally.) Right now, Volt is in a good spot damage wise his skills all do something when I push the button, and now electric shield is my least used skill on him.

I won't recommend any changes, since its not a bad skill just niche.

Synapse is still pretty good.  No more pure ownage through the shield, but the versatility of Electricity 2.0 (Synapse is easily modded for Radiation or Magnetic base damage) means that the Synapse is viable without the shield in places it didn't used to be.