The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rewards for PvP

Vortiene

Hello everyone. I'm a returning player, and I tried out both conclave and lunaro recently. I'd been given the impression that these pvp modes were somehow just awful and not worth any time, but I had a ton of fun playing them. I recruited some randoms from recruit chat to play, and they were also surprised that pvp was fun.

I think the real problem with conclave and lunaro is that it's a content island with 0 incentive to play it. I think it's worth implementing some changes to encourage more players to try conclave, without making PvE only players feel like they're "forced" to play it.

First of all, add a conclave button to the star chart similar to duviri/liches/nightwave so there is always some visibility. A legendary rank 3 player I recruited had no clue that there was a console in his ship to access conclave, and he also had no conclave loadout set. Additionally, add access to both of Teshin's shops to the conclave console on your ship, similar to how syndicate rewards work.

Secondly, add access to general resources to conclave. In RC conclave, guarantee the resource drops from match completion, and add an additional reward of essential mods. Stuff that helps new players get a head start if they opt to try out conclave, such as serration, point strike, vital sense etc.

Thirdly, add steel essence to the conclave drop table if you're not in RC. I was thinking 4 per match completion, similar to killing two acolytes on the steel path. 

These changes shouldn't take much time to implement, but should be a step in the right direction.

Please share your thoughts! :)

7 hours ago, RafMatador22 said:

I'm not in favor of pvp in this game simply because DE can't even keep the base game stable, I'd rather they invest their efforts in the base game.

The changes I suggested likely wouldn't take very much time or resources to implement, so they wouldn't take from the main game. Adding additional rewards should not be very complicated. Thanks for your feedback bro

On 2023-07-10 at 1:13 AM, Vortiene said:

First of all, add a conclave button to the star chart

Great idea. Making it more visible would help. 

Secondly, add access to general resources to conclave

Yea in both rc and normal matches though. Right now conclave just a good cryotic farm. Wish there was more general resources in the reward table. 

and add an additional reward of essential mods

This would be great for recruit conditioning to help get those new players geared up for regular lobbies great idea.

Thirdly, add steel essence to the conclave drop table

Yea I've been wanting this ever since it came out tbh. It would make sense given the vendor for steel path and conclave are both teshin. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2023-07-10 at 12:13 AM, Vortiene said:

Hello everyone. I'm a returning player, and I tried out both conclave and lunaro recently. I'd been given the impression that these pvp modes were somehow just awful and not worth any time, but I had a ton of fun playing them. I recruited some randoms from recruit chat to play, and they were also surprised that pvp was fun.

I think the real problem with conclave and lunaro is that it's a content island with 0 incentive to play it. I think it's worth implementing some changes to encourage more players to try conclave, without making PvE only players feel like they're "forced" to play it.

First of all, add a conclave button to the star chart similar to duviri/liches/nightwave so there is always some visibility. A legendary rank 3 player I recruited had no clue that there was a console in his ship to access conclave, and he also had no conclave loadout set. Additionally, add access to both of Teshin's shops to the conclave console on your ship, similar to how syndicate rewards work.

Secondly, add access to general resources to conclave. In RC conclave, guarantee the resource drops from match completion, and add an additional reward of essential mods. Stuff that helps new players get a head start if they opt to try out conclave, such as serration, point strike, vital sense etc.

Thirdly, add steel essence to the conclave drop table if you're not in RC. I was thinking 4 per match completion, similar to killing two acolytes on the steel path. 

These changes shouldn't take much time to implement, but should be a step in the right direction.

Please share your thoughts! :)

The main reason the player base dislikes conclave is because they are denied all their mods and abilities. Another important reason is the mobility makes it very hard to hit anything. Another reason is that the few people who do play conclave regularly are skilled in the art, and there's a skill gap, a knowledge gap, and a bit of an elitism. Another reason is that the conclave-only mods available can't be used in regular play. Another reason is that there is only 1 reward that's exclusive and *cool* (celestia syadana). Another reason is that players are pretty spoiled from other very polished PvP games and have high expectations and feel let down at the simple nature of the matches.

While your suggestions are all actually very good - especially the visibility, they don't fix any of these core problems, and so would not likely attract much interest. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big proponent of PvP in WF, I just happen to agree with all of those reasons.

• 4 weeks later...

In my opinion, one of the biggest problems with Conclave as a game mode is the lack of visibility, as well as the lack of connected content. But if the conclave content is isolated from the main game, I think the rewards for this mode should incentivize Tenno to enter it. Conclave isn't abandoned because it's bad. Conclave is abandoned because no one even brings it up. The game is full of time consuming content, if conclave wants to compete with the main mode, it needs to offer something of equal value.

I play conclave still, it has few players, it's poorly designed, it has a monstrous gap in terms of content used in the main part of the game. But if it gets completely abandoned or shut down, I probably won't survive it as a Tenno 😨

If lunaro got a rework, addressing main issues, speed everybody up a tiny bit, a larger reward pool, entering a match and sitting and waiting is not the way to do it. If it was presented by taking notes from rocket league you would have something great. But as it is it looks like something got tried and failed and left in the game. In short, needs a rework. There's an entire player base out there wanting to play it if it was good and not forgotten.

Archived