Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wallwalk Crouch Cancel Jump Removed

Nevrmoor

When I playd my first game after the 6.5 update i found out that you can no longer cancel your vertical wallwalk by pressing crouch and getting that tiny jump.I can see a reason behind removing the jump, its fairly exploitable to reach places you really shoudlnt.

But:

My Ash with his 24.7% Sprint speed mod cant land on surfaces directly adjacent to the wallwalked surface without the tiny crouch jump, he will overshoot and land 1,5-2,0 crate units behind the surface when he is not doing the simple wallk-over-the-ledge animation. In my opinion the whole crouch cancel jump is what made the vertical wallwalk useful. As only with this you were able to reach ledges above your max height and to your sides, allowing fast and medium speed frames to skip most open-type elevators, jump on crates etc. with a decent speed, change directions and so forth.

The question is, is the ability to reach places outside of the normal level design really such an exploit that it needs fixing? Is it that bad for the game balance if you can reach the rails on the corpus def missions?

-If the enemies are strong enough they will kill the cryopod and lough about your climbing efforts.

Reaching places outside the normal walkways isnt that much of an issue, you wont progress faster if youre outside of the fight.I can still reach the top on corpus def missions, but the comfort function of the crouch cancel is gone and that takes away a lot of the wallwalk flair in my opinion.

Please, dear community, dear wallwalk enthusiasts and fellow tennos, +1 this thread to convince the devs to reconcider the crouch cancel.

Edited by Nevrmoor

Hmm, I didn't even notice that yet, but it seems you're right. Seems like I need to update the Wall Running 101. After some testing it seems that you can still use the crouch to push yourself on top of crate. The timing just got a lot more strict, so you'll have to press crouch almost on the edge. And if you press it slightly before that you can still force a grab, just like before.

Aye, its still canceling, but you are not doing the jump. The jump allowed you to aim where you are going, rather than just fall down. You can still get around, but its lacking the comfort button for those occasions when you didnt do your WW with 100% precision.

• 4 months later...

I'm just now back from a break I was on, and I've noticed this change.

I'm having trouble in some of the newer rooms, especially the small round rooms where you need to run at 90 degree angles and stop at a door, because I go flying over the edge of the rails past the door... What's the trick now?